Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I thought you knew!!
Being in the market is like traveling across country before the interstate highway system and without a GPS. Some times you hit high speed roads and some times you took at your spouse and ask " are you sure this is the right road"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 06:55 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
If i picked the road and she didnt ,its never the right road.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
If i picked the road and she didnt ,its never the right road.
Is that what they call hindsight investing

Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Is that what they call hindsight investing
Things always look different in hindsight and yes, the wife is always right! Well, at least some of the time. Wanted to sell the condo about six years ago but didn't get my way on that one...boy, do I have a lot say about that one.

Has anyone used Fidelity's dashboard? I am curious what they charge for the bill paying and other gadgets on there.

I've also been looking at some of their small cap funds which seem to have good returns. Any thoughts?

Old 04-13-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Things always look different in hindsight and yes, the wife is always right! Well, at least some of the time. Wanted to sell the condo about six years ago but didn't get my way on that one...boy, do I have a lot say about that one.

Has anyone used Fidelity's dashboard? I am curious what they charge for the bill paying and other gadgets on there.

I've also been looking at some of their small cap funds which seem to have good returns. Any thoughts?
MathJak will have thoughts and mine and his will probably be similiar coming from the same source.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:39 PM

dashboard? geesh i havent heard of that.. i use their bill payment and its free with my account. i do use fidelity full view which links bank accounts ,credit cards and all other assets into one up-datable screen.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
dashboard? geesh i havent heard of that.. i use their bill payment and its free with my account. i do use fidelity full view which links bank accounts ,credit cards and all other assets into one up-datable screen.
Yes, I think you are describing the same thing. I like what I see and was wondering what their charges were. A few years ago I signed up for their checking account and, at that time, it was $1 /check, so I closed that acccount. I think the accounts overall view is called Dashboard. It is really cool if it is cost effective. At the moment we have our direct deposit and mortgage tied to our local bank but that won't always be the case. I have gotten gun-shy with "bait and switch" type actions from banks and their fees that I get a little skiddish.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:06 AM

So, all you financial wizzards, what is your take on this fund?

Bruce Fund, BRUFX Fund Quote - (NASDAQ) BRUFX, Bruce Fund Fund Price

Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Yes, I think you are describing the same thing. I like what I see and was wondering what their charges were. A few years ago I signed up for their checking account and, at that time, it was $1 /check, so I closed that acccount. I think the accounts overall view is called Dashboard. It is really cool if it is cost effective. At the moment we have our direct deposit and mortgage tied to our local bank but that won't always be the case. I have gotten gun-shy with "bait and switch" type actions from banks and their fees that I get a little skiddish.
i have had a cma account there since the 1980's and always had free checking and free checks , they reimburse me for atm fees when i have my check direct deposited. almost every bill is payed through bill pay for free as well.

now we also are private acces clients with them and get a bunch of other perks but i have never used things like their concierge service for restaurant bookings or discount show tickets.

i find full view great for tracking not only your investments but fraudulent credit card use , bank accounts , even my hsa account is plugged in. i get one snap shot of everything we own in one screen. all their financial calculators are pretty good too. you can run income projections and portfolio analysis with some pretty detailed reports.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the response. I'll have to take a closer look at their benefits. My husband's 401K is with TRowe but I think when he retires, again he says "next year", we want to roll over everyting into one place. We have several Fidelety locations near us but don't go to as many of their classes as we should.
Several years ago I found that Bruce Funds mentioned above and have been curious as to how their NAV is justified. I am looking into more of Fidelity's small/value but not at $400/share! Recently, I sold my Ginny Mae as I really don't know where that is going so I put some of it into Fidelity's dividend shares and have been poking around deciding where to put the rests. I'm not sure whether I am just more aware in my old age or is the world really a much trickier place than it used to be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement