U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 03:23 PM

13,546 posts, read 22,452,059 times
One day after worked I picked up my grandsons to spend the weekend with us. My DH usually picked them up so on the way to my house the youngest boy about 7 yo then asked where Pawpaw was and I told him he was on the way to our house.

I turned into the subdivision when all of a sudden he says 'Great.. you are taking a haircut home so we can beat Pawpaw'. My DH usually took them a different way and he thought we were taking a shortcut.

Same GS.
We go to a flea market in FL in Nov. I remarked how many 'snow birds' there were at the flea market. About that time we hear a voice from the backseat.. 'Look Grannie here comes 2 more' as he pointed upwards at 2 seagulls flying overhead.

Post link not copyrighted material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 04:13 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,111,630 times
My grandson's first words to me were "Check Into Cash"

Old 07-25-2011, 04:54 PM

664 posts, read 511,652 times
Default Before you worry.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
My grandson's first words to me were "Check Into Cash"
...........Before you worry was he under 6 years old?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,111,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
...........Before you worry was he under 6 years old?
He wasn't even two, he pointed at the sign and said it

Old 07-28-2011, 05:15 AM

Default Kids do say the darndest' things

Christmas and shopping for a tree. Pat had a habit of standing in the car and hugging the front seat from the rear. We were driving about and suddenly there was a sign "Xmas trees for sale - see the three little pigs and the wolf". I commented to Sherry and Pat from the rear says: "Can we go mommy" -- We were sort of in hurry to get home and changed and to a friends house so Sherry said: "No Honey we don't have enough time". Pat after thinking a bit responded: "If I were the Mommy and Daddy I'd let you see the three little pigs". Yep-- we stopped!

Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 AM

5,243 posts, read 11,334,576 times
A couple of years ago when my then 6 year old granddaughter learned that her grandfather and I were going to retire to Kentucky, she came into the kitchen one morning looking very worried and asked me, "Grandma, do people in Kentucky speak English?" The poor girl thought we were moving to a foreign country.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Default Best I have heard yet!!!!

Mommy do you have a daddy?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,259,182 times
OK not my grand child my actual son. When he was 5 he was sitting on Santa's lap at the mall. He whispered in Santa's ear, and Santa started laughing. He wouldn't tell us what he wanted for Christmas, only Santa. So we asked Santa, the young parents we were. Santa said that: "He wants a big red enamel Urinal installed in his wall in his room like they had at some McDonald's Restaurant he saw. Then he won't have to go all the way to the bathroom."

Needless to say,he did not get a unrinal from Santa.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM

You know Zarathu -- its hard to believe - but I will. Even at that I would have saved hundreds from Christmas to Christmas if I bought a Urinal for each of my kids. I guess I should have brought them to McDonalds more often?

Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 AM

3,439 posts, read 3,052,198 times
Wnen my grand daughter was about 3 and her parents were preparing for a trip to take her to Disney World and they were going to fly, she asked them how "Disney World" stayed "up there". I guess she didn't know that the plane would "land" in Florida. To her it was some where up there in the sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement