Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:37 AM

938 posts, read 1,228,891 times

Advertisements

The other day my ex and I were at a party for our Gandchildren Bobby and Becca who celebrate their Birthday about 10 days a part. My son served up some shrimp and sauce and some Buffalo Wings. My grandson Colin ( 5 yrs young) sat on my lap and was chomping on a Shrimp when a news article came on about water being infected by a brain eating amoeba - just like out of a "zombie" movie. He stood up went forward to the table and spit out his shrimp. I asked him what he was doing and he said -- "Shrimp swim in water". After I assured him the shrimp was safe he began eating them again. No lie it shows how our children and grandchildren have and can be impacted and the very surprising results that go by noticed and not noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 05:03 PM

Default Grandson's first day of school

Colin's first day of school today and Sherry being the Grandmom she is wished to be there as she was with every Grandchild and Godchild she ever had. She traveled to the school in time to see him in line and she asked "Are you excited?" He grimmaced and said: "I got stung by a Bee". Grandmom says to him "That's good luck". She said that it went over just like the TV show with a speechless look that just seemed to say: "Whatcha talking about Grandma".

Old 08-31-2011, 12:18 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
My #4 son, now a grown man, was about five years old when he heard his Father and I discussing a job-related move, possibly to Miami. He ran into the other room and told his three older brothers, "Guys! Guys! Guess what? We're moving to Daddy's ami."

Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 AM

Default Four Year Old Korean Girl driving????

Well come on now we all know it happens our 8 - 12 year old ask: "Daddy can I drive?" We let him touch the steering wheel or have him sit on our lap or have done some craziness. Well this Korean thing is a little off the wall. I was asking where did she plan on going anyway? Now at least when my Grand kids ask to drive I'll just say: "You're too old".

Old 09-03-2011, 10:10 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
I got a laugh out of this statement:

"wow, you're old enough to be dead"

Old 09-04-2011, 02:39 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
My kids have said some pretty funny things, but I have a story about a Halloween that we enjoyed about 4 years ago with someone else's kids.

We had decorated the house to the hilt and even the inside was dark with some floating pumpkins in the background and some haunted lights. Our front den was right next to the front door and when the door opened you could see right into the den. We had placed a small glass door refrigerator in the den with a fake human head inside. My husband was tired and fell asleep in his chair with his head thrown back and mouth wide open. These two cute little boys and their dad were making their way up to the door and when they looked inside the house the 4 year old said "wow" you have a haunted house.....and a dead guy in a chair." I still laugh my head off over that one.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:58 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
The other day my 5 year old grandson said to his mom. "I don't think I'm going to eat meat anymore". My dughter replied, "That's OK but we will have to make sure that you get enough protein. We will be eating a lot of beans!" My grandsons than replied, "That's great mom, lets start right now, I"ll have a bowl of jelly beans please."

A couple of weeks ago one of my other daughters went into the bathroom while her 6 year old daughter was having a shower. "Makenna, why are you washing yorself with the shampoo? It's for your hair". Makenna says, "mom, see here, it called, head and SHOULDERS, isn't it"?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:41 PM

Default P-Pop not needed anymore

Today my son's neighborhood block party was taking place. I arrived a little late. My grandchild is named Colin. Contracting has been pretty good to my son right now and he has been able to afford a babysitter rather than P-pop watching the Grandkids plus I'll probably go back into Real Estate Sales soon. I drove up to- day and Colin says: "Hi P-pop! I don't need a babysitter anymore I got one" -- and so goes bonding with your grandkids. Tomorrow I pick him up after school and will go to Rita's water ice -- lets see his new babysitter top that one.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:42 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
My farm daughter at @ 3 used to call Kentucky Fried Chicken "Cowpucky Fry Chicken"...

Old 10-08-2011, 11:07 AM

Default Grandkids - too busy!!!!

My Daughter-in-law was telling me of the time she prepared lunch for my Grandson Colin. She called down the basement once, then twice. he didn't answer. Annoyed she called down again saying: "Colin I know your down there". A voice rises the steps: "Sorry Colin is not here right now leave a message after the beep". She informed him to get up here "right now". Kids are funny many a time but 5 year olds take the cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement