U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 11:47 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,202,294 times

Advertisements

My daughter was about 4, it was a Sunday afternoon and I took her to the ice cream parlor in our town, we both ordered sundae, as she was eating her sundae she got this puzzled look on her face and said "Dad if this is a sundae what does a tomorrow taste like", I had no answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 06:37 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,172,123 times
My wife and I met in Miami Beach, through work. We took many weekend trips to Disney World, until we started having children and decided we didn't want our children to grow up there and moved to the NE. We always talked about Miami around the Kids(and said many other things we would later regret - more later). One day, when we were having DW withdrawal, we started planning a getaway while all three kids were watched by friends. We knew better than to tell them we were going to Disney World, so we just said we were going to Florida. Sounds like a theme regarding Miami, doesn't it? Well, my oldest, about three, finally blurts out, "I know where you are going!" Instant scare, that they knew! "You're going to your ami!"

About a year later we were in St. Michaels, MD visiting the Maritime Museum. The yougest still had to be carried, and the oldest was only 4-5. We went through the lighthouse they have on diisplay, and came to the short ladder that led to the outside walkway, from the inside, near the top of the light house. In order for us to go out I had to "push" the oldest up through the hatchway first. As soon as I did he obviously saw how high he was off the ground, and we hear him say loudly, "Oh, s__t! Oh, f__k!" Calling his name out as I scrambled through the hatch, I notice an old couple standing there howling with laughter. He was alright, but scared because he didn't realize he had climbed so high inside the lighthouse.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Status: "Recipe for failure. Overanalyze." (set 3 days ago)

706 posts, read 856,114 times
Default Watch what you say buddy!!!!!

Funny story at least to me in what I now have chosen as a profession after retirement. A friend who has been in Real estate some time had met with a seller who wanted the meeting to be now. The only thing -- Grandson Colin accompanied her. They entered the house perused it for preparation to list and as they were leaving Colin commented "This is a really, really nice house!" Sherry looked at Colin holding her fingers to her lips for him to remain silent. She confessed later that she was having a difficult time with the seller in determining a price and now actually felt his comment may make it more difficult. "Out of the mouths of babes oft times come gems".

Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 AM

Default Banana Joke - from a 5 yr old!!!!

Okay at the risk of being silly: "Why did the Banana go to the Doctor?" Okay!! He wasn't peeling Good. I've got to stop hanging out with him.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:26 PM

399 posts, read 745,972 times
Young daughter to 2 nuns passing by: "That is a beautiful dog, what's her name?" Daughter: "Her name is Yoyo but mommy calls her the f------ dog"!

Old 01-21-2012, 04:58 PM

3,269 posts, read 8,925,142 times
My (then) 5 year old pointed to his 62 year old Grandmother and said "your tummy is so big, there must be a baby in there". Hee hee.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 AM

Default My Grandson the young comedian

Well his pearls were dropped upon us again. On Thursday Betty got Colin a new shirt and gave it to him to put on for school. He took it looked at it for a minute in a couple different ways then said: "Is this stained or am I wearing a pink shirt to school?" Betty of course cracked up -- she held her hand to her mouth for quite awhile but just couldn't stop laughing. "Its alright mom we are only having half a day today".

Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 PM

6,119 posts, read 9,071,114 times
My 3 year old didn't know how to say "Evelyn", so she called my mom "Gramma Elephant".

Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 PM

15,149 posts, read 19,745,101 times
At 25 (a gazillion years ago), I was a very active, very good-looking girl. But a comment made by my 5-year old daughter one day made me realize how differently children view their parents.

My daughter and I were watching the Winter Olympics on TV. One of the skiiers took a nasty spill. My daughter was extremely distraught over his condition and even the news that he wasnt hurt badly didnt reassure her.

Finally, after a long period of pensive silence, she said "Mom, they should have old people like you doing that. Then they'd know the end is near anyway."

Old 02-09-2013, 08:47 AM

Default Have you landed yet?

So I am sitting on the Sofa at my son's this morning after our terrible 3 inch blizzard. My Grandson next to me equipped with his Ipod and these huge earphones probably more appropriate for a desktop or laptop. He's listening away moving his hands to a beat and nodding his head up and down. Knowing that there's no company here I decided to go out and clear the snow off the car. Probably spent about 25 - 30 minutes, freezing and came back in the house. Went to the kitchen and drew some coffee then proceeded to sit down again near my grandson who at this time took off his earphones and says: "Ppop are we going to go out in the Snow". I knew he had just landed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or