U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 PM

71,957 posts, read 83,597,281 times

Advertisements

Geeze, the funniest, well let's face it, most of our kids have said some pretty funny things in their lives, but I think our daughter takes the cake: she was maybe 3 or so and asked me one morning: why when I wear my prettiest nightgowns to bed they are inside out the next morning? She also wanted to know why my bottom was so big it went over the side of the toilet and hers was so small it fell in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Status: "Recipe for failure. Overanalyze." (set 6 days ago)

706 posts, read 856,286 times
Default Comedian at Large

Well Colin did it again saying one of those gems that just comes naturally. As I relate keep in mind the effectiveness of TV advertising. Norm is Colin's dad. Betty's (Norms wife/Colin's mom) Van was due to be replaced because it had seen its day. He pulled up goes into house and asks Colin and Matt Colin's brother if they would like to take a ride in the new Van. Colin at Play stops looks outside at Van then his Dad then the van again and then Betty and simply states "Did you get a carfax report". Betty and Norm just cracked up saying yes honey We got a carfax.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:09 PM

547 posts, read 740,800 times
Mine is a Grand kid "did" rather than said. At two he Facetimed his grandma while sitting on the potty. His mom heard him talking from the other room and asked who he was talking to. She was surprised to see grandma on the iPad.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:24 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,259,322 times
Client story: I was in my office with the parents of a 3-year old son named Bobby. They had brought their son with them to my office while we filled out some paperwork. This took a little time and the son was getting restless. He began walking around my office looking for something to play with and he put his hand down the front of his pants. His mom pipes up: "Bobby, don't do that. It's not nice." Bobby replied: "why not mom? Daddy does it." His father's face turned beat red.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:50 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,280,805 times
I recall many years ago when my brother told an off-color joke at dinnertime, my younger sister exclaimed "you cant tell jokes like that in front of mixed up company!"

Then there was the time my wife got a bad color treatment that left her hair a brilliant reddish copper color. My son thought he was being nice when he told her that "it looks pretty! Like Bozo the Clown."

Old 11-22-2013, 06:08 AM

673 posts, read 837,976 times
My husband traveled quite a lot when the kids were growing up. Sometimes for a month or two at a time overseas. Back in that time you were allowed to go right up to the gates at the airport and the kids loved going to pick daddy up. One time, he came out and my 4 yr old daughter yelled out , "You'll never guess who has been sleeping in your bed when you were away?" Many faces turned, smiled, smirked and I said, very clearly so all can hear...YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!

Old 05-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Status: "Recipe for failure. Overanalyze." (set 6 days ago)

706 posts, read 856,286 times
Default Close cut - the hard way

Yesterday I was driving about when in Lansdowne PA I observed a middle aged woman cutting her curb grass with a pair of scissors. No they were scissors. I commented to my grandson that that is the hard way to do it. As always with his divine Wisdom he adds: "Yeah!! And she is probably wondering why its taking so long". Pretty funny.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:49 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,964,576 times
When my daughter was about 5, she was helping set the table for dinner. Her dad asked me what I wanted to drink, she replied "Mom will have pop, you want pop, Mom?" I said "No, I think I'll have milk". She then said matter-of-factly, "Sh*t, Mom'll have milk".

Old 05-23-2015, 10:34 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,415,372 times
The kids wanted me to get them another one of those Barbie electric cars...

I asked my daughters if they thought money grew on trees.

Their answer?

Dad, what is money made out of? Paper, and where does paper come from? Trees...

Old 05-24-2015, 01:38 PM

11,935 posts, read 20,383,027 times
Just went back to see family, and I took chocolates as a gift to family. My nephew's kids were rather shy with me -- which I expected, as they are that age, and my sister, their grandmother, is about the bestest playmate ever, so when she is there it's very much grandma time... I didn't push them, but allowed them to come to me.

As I left, I got hug and kiss from one, but the older one was pretty standoffish. The next day we took off for the other sisters.... and the day after my sister got a call from the grandkids...they were happy to find out I was there, too, and both yelled for Aunty Tally to "Bring more candy!!"

At the end of the vacation, I got hugs from both kids....so chocolate works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or