U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:51 PM

10,833 posts, read 8,305,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlraymiller View Post
Me and my wife are a young disabled couple and this COLA not going up has hurt us it has gotten to were we can barely pay for our rent and co pay on meds and if were lucky we have around 100 bucks a mouth for food basically so she can eat the meals she needs other then her having seziers i have cut down to 1 bowl of cearl a day and if im lucky a small amount of veggies FOOD goes up every year they dont take that in account Electric and Gas gose up every year oh and RENT Gose up every year HOWEVER no one says anything here about the scum in DC giving them self's pay raises even that small increase wont matter with crap as it stands with current prices and yes even with the 70 dollers a month in food stamps were still almost starving.

The Big problem with the Debt is those Politicians should cut there pay checks because they have other sources of income such as bribes and privet businesses that could help decrease the debt but 300 billion at least but only 1 politicians ever agreed to have his pay cut to 1 dollar a week and that was the Mayor of LA back in 1993.

Now try to say im full of it and you can check the facts you people who are not disabled and work know living on 900 a mouth is not even possible.

im starting a pittiion at change.org to get this issuie delt with anyone who wish to sign it feel free to
Welcome to City-Data. Perhaps you could tell us how young you and your wife are - and the nature of your disabilities. My husband has MS. There are quite a few young people who are disabled by MS (but - luckily - his didn't get too bad until he was 60+). I assume you're on SSI - but where do you get your medical insurance from (Medicare?). Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 05:52 PM

5,279 posts, read 6,159,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
If I recall correctly - I read/heard today that we'll find out what the COLA for part B Medicare is in about 2-3 months.
According to this Associated Press article, the new Part B premium could be announced as early as next week.

Not so fast _ higher Medicare premiums could erase big chunk of Social Security increase - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/first-social-security-increase-since-2009-coming-next-year-size-announced-wednesday/2011/10/19/gIQALmubwL_story.html?hpid=z4 - broken link)

The article also notes that "...in May, the Medicare trustees said they expected the Part B premium to be $106.60 a month in 2012, a figure that could change when the actual premium is set. At that rate, about a quarter of Medicare beneficiaries would see their premiums go down. The rest would pay $10.20 more each month, erasing about a fourth of Social Security COLA for the average recipient."

Old 10-19-2011, 06:30 PM

19,533 posts, read 22,764,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I will be shocked if we get a nickel with the GOP in Congress. But here's hoping
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
This is the third time in this thread alone that you've made that ridiculous comment even though it's been explained to you that the COLA is automatic and that Congress doesn't vote on it.
Consistency is a hobgoblin.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 PM

959 posts, read 842,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Consistency is a hobgoblin.

of little minds... (ya missed the rest of it!) But be nice~!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,603,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
This is the third time in this thread alone that you've made that ridiculous comment even though it's been explained to you that the COLA is automatic and that Congress doesn't vote on it.
How much is Medicare going up?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 PM

5,279 posts, read 6,159,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
How much is Medicare going up?
That information also was posted earlier in this thread exactly three posts up from yours.

I realize that sometimes it is difficult to find information in this vast universe that we call the Internet, but all you have to do to find the answer to your question is to look up about six inches from where you're now reading.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:05 PM

9,236 posts, read 5,222,173 times
My husband and I both received a notice if we stay with our present prescription drug plan (Part D) there is a monthly premium increase for 2012 of $8.00 each .... waiting to see what the increase will be on Medicare Part B ... in addition they will probably increase the deductibles on Medicare Part A & B. My husband's Medigap policy has a monthly increase for 2012 of $6.00 ... I haven't received my 2012 notice yet on the Medigap .... our 3.6% will be GWTW.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 PM

14,391 posts, read 19,231,273 times
Update on Medicare premium for 2012: $99.90.

Medicare monthly premiums for 2012 to be lower than expected - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/health/la-na-medicare-premiums-20111028,0,501314.story - broken link)

Also reported on NYT and many other places.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:07 AM

9,332 posts, read 7,296,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Update on Medicare premium for 2012: $99.90.

Medicare monthly premiums for 2012 to be lower than expected - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/health/la-na-medicare-premiums-20111028,0,501314.story - broken link)

Also reported on NYT and many other places.
Thanks for posting this. What a surprise! My Part B premium will go down $15 and change per month. Not a life-changing event, not even enough to be noticed, but certainly contrary to my expectations.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:31 PM

6 posts, read 5,220 times
can't wait to get my raise in VA comp and SSDI both that's an extra 140 bucks a month yea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement