Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 AM

419 posts, read 758,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Hilarious replies! As I've mentioned previously, I had a career as a stripper, starting at age 47 and retired at age 57. I bought my costumes at such places a Dugan Brothers, Attractivewear, and traveled to Vegas or Toronto to buy. Why should age limit sexuality? And if an older woman's body is better than most young womans' bodies, why not show it? Obviously, there is a time and place for how much one shows and to whom.
I find your post a touch contradictory. You worked as a real life stripper but believe that there is a time, place, how much and to whom you showed/show your body. Wow! your employers let you make those choices? Must not have been too good for business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 12:44 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Just turned 70 this past month. Its been ruff. I hate the fact I am so old, as I feel 40. What reminds me however are a few health issues this past year. some serious. I have recovered in body, lost 30 lbs. no longer a diabetic, but, the 70 thing is driving me nuts. I am on meds still, and a lot of that is because of my mind, fear, anxiety, depression. I hope I get over it, I had no problem at 60, I wonder why?... Its no fun this past winter was one I would like to forget...and , I was only 69 !

Old 08-02-2011, 01:08 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Has anyone been involed with a Village Network? Home - Village to Village Network (Home - Village to Village Network)

They seem to be a group of seniors helping seniors but when I contacted our local start up group my email was ignored so I don't know what to think.

Also, my friend works at a memory clinic and she said they use the book "Carved in Sand", which discusses how medication can effect your mood. For me, I learned from that book that my feeling like I'm 200 years old may well be caused by a low thyroid which also contributes to cholesterol. Be sure to get a really good medical check up and total thyroid tests if life seems a little tough, it might be something fixable.

Thanks for this thread, I enjoy reading others thoughts which is a comfort.

Last edited by Heidi60; 08-02-2011 at 02:09 PM..

Old 08-02-2011, 03:22 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBaker View Post
I find your post a touch contradictory. You worked as a real life stripper but believe that there is a time, place, how much and to whom you showed/show your body. Wow! your employers let you make those choices? Must not have been too good for business.
Think about it: at the club, it is stripper attire, in public (stores, etc) I dress like a middle-aged woman: jeans/t-shirt, etc. Out partying: short skirts, tight jeans, skimpier tops. The event and location dictates the clothing.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:33 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I'm in denial too and I hope I stay in good enough shape to stay there for a while.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:36 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanwoman54 View Post
So I will ask the ladies here, do you still feel sexy at times or do you no longer want to?? Does our sexuality go away eventually?? I still want to feel this way, as least for now. And yes even though these are celebrities, I do admire Tina Turner and Raquel Welch for they are sexy, yet dignified (well except for Tina when on stage! ).
Uh-oh, looks like you are hijacking the thread!

Old 08-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I mean, REALLY, just how many ladies 55+ have a totally stunning body? Same goes for us men in that age bracket. Diane Sawyer is in her mid 60's and looks great with her dress/makeup.......which is very "down-to-earth".

I do.

P.S. Diane Sawyer, while very attractive, is not the first person who comes to mind in the "sexy" department.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 PM

Sexy is in the eyes, folks....You can see it in a person's eyes.

Americans don't get that.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:43 PM

419 posts, read 758,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Think about it: at the club, it is stripper attire, in public (stores, etc) I dress like a middle-aged woman: jeans/t-shirt, etc. Out partying: short skirts, tight jeans, skimpier tops. The event and location dictates the clothing.
Thank you for adding to and clarifying your original post. Now, I am not so confused.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:53 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
I am very tall, slender, with long brown hair (colored now, of course). Due to my height, I have always been noticed. When I was younger, it was a ridiculous problem at times, as someone said upthread. I'll never forget a day when I was in my early 30s walking along our downtown streets during lunch hour. An atty (complete stranger) had seen me through a window, and came barreling out of a restaurant and followed me down the street wanting me to go out with him. It was ridiculous. In broad daylight, noon. I was married at the time - totally flabbergasted. Only saying all this because I have always toned it down when I dress. Never any cleavage, never tight pants, no short skirts, low-key makeup. None of that stuff. I get plenty of attention without trying to 'feel' or 'look' sexy. No, thank you.

My issues with age have nothing to do with appearance, but more with finding a meaningful purpose these last 20 years or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement