Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 AM

973 posts, read 1,704,571 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of this man, his Capps Law theory or anything about any of it? It was in the Washington Post and well, I know how one-sided it is and often just delete the garbabge, but this one caught my eye and it did give me pause as I know nothing about it. I need to research it more, but no time now.
However, this is is how he begins:
]Why thousands of U.S. citizens above age 55 are worried about "Capps' Law"
The U.S. Gov't has begun enforcing a little-known new law. It could affect your retirement income... Your healthcare benefits... Even your ability to travel and purchase gold.

Here's the full story on what this law means for you... And steps you must take now to protect yourself..
Hello. My name is Dr. David Eifrig. I'm a 52-year-old medical doctor, ex-Wall St. trader, and small-business owner from Minnesota. I have created this presentation because over the past 12 months I have been tracking the details of a disturbing new U.S. government law.
[If you are retired or close to retirement, as I am, this law could have a devastating impact on your health...
]Your business, if you have one... Your retirement income... Even how and where you travel.

Here is the link Retirement Millionaire

Any ideas or thoughts??? Is this just rabble-rousing or????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,406 times
IMO, sounds like just another one of thousands of internet scams...

Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,672,347 times
Yeah, right..... Just another scumbag using scare tactics to sell garbage to the American public. He wants to "join him on his quest to take advantage of a world of opportunities that are out there for the taking"; for a measly $39 a year. His quest is to get richer by scaring you into buying his "detailed personal letter". How personal can it be if it's sent to thousands of people who are stupid enough to make him richer? What a load of BS.

From the following site: - Retirement Millionaire Reveal Provisions of "Capps' Law" (http://stockideas.org/content/view/3644/87/ - broken link)

"My experiences over the past three decades have enabled me to become a "retirement expert" on how to take advantage of little-known "loopholes" in the bureaucracies of big government and big corporations.
Each month, I send out a detailed personal letter – called Retirement Millionaire – explaining the best retirement opportunities I've found.

If you want to join me on this quest to take advantage of a world of opportunities that are out there for the taking... all you need to do is try a subscription to my publication, Retirement Millionaire.
Here's how to get started

A one-year subscription to Retirement Millionaire normally costs $99 per year. That's what hundreds of people have paid.

But if you take advantage of this opportunity today, you can receive a one-year subscription for less than HALF-OFF, just $39."

Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
Capps Law hysteria are from the very same Stansberry Associates who gave you all of the End of America videos and commercials you were inundated with on financial shows.
Retirement Millionaire

Porter Stansberry - the Stansberry scam explained - 1

"End Of America 2011", Porter Stansberry's Newest Scam | Antemedius

Investment Research, Stock Analysis, Investment Advice, Newsletters

Judge for yourself and do what you think is appropriate.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
IMO, sounds like just another one of thousands of internet scams...
As linked above much more complex than the norm. He is in his full glory today following the debt downgrade as he moves forward saying as I predicted.

Porter Stansberry - Porter Stansberry: The crisis is officially here

Quote:
From Porter Stansberry in the S&A Digest:

Yes, it's for real. We've been wondering when the markets would wake up to the reality of the sovereign debt crisis. Today is the day…

As longtime subscribers know… on Fridays, I take on the thankless task of trying to teach our clients something about finance, investing, or economics. It's a fool's errand because most of our clients have no interest in learning. They cancel in droves on Mondays

Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 PM

9,398 posts, read 11,143,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Capps Law hysteria are from the very same Stansberry Associates who gave you all of the End of America videos and commercials you were inundated with on financial shows.
Retirement Millionaire

Porter Stansberry - the Stansberry scam explained - 1

"End Of America 2011", Porter Stansberry's Newest Scam | Antemedius

Investment Research, Stock Analysis, Investment Advice, Newsletters

Judge for yourself and do what you think is appropriate.
I kept hearing those "End of America" ads but was never interested enough to add one more number to their website.

Sounds like another snake oil salesman, step aside algore!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I kept hearing those "End of America" ads but was never interested enough to add one more number to their website.

Sounds like another snake oil salesman, step aside algore!
He is in his moment of glory right now.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Thanks for your responses; don't think I need to waste my time in looking at this im depth. BUT what is with the Washington Times endorsing this??? It is like a "tabloid" now.... or has it always been and I was just not aware of it??

Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM

438 posts, read 1,114,916 times
It was in the Washington Times? (Your OP said "Washington Post.") Was it an article or just an ad?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcaciaRose View Post
It was in the Washington Times? (Your OP said "Washington Post.") Was it an article or just an ad?

Aha! My mistake as it was the Times....and I looked the "newspaper" up and YIKES!!!! Why I thought it was like the NYTimes is beyond me!! See what a name does??? SORRY.... it is conservative rabble-rousing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement