U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 08:37 AM

77 posts, read 147,007 times

Advertisements

and you just gave yours AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:32 AM

28,243 posts, read 39,908,153 times
And I APPRECIATED it!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:22 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,584,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Maybe The Villages 55+ would work for you conservatives--Sean Hannity, Anne Coulter and other "Conservatives" have spoken there and signed books.

Personally, I'd run a mile not to have to be in the room with those people. I'm an Independent, and BTW not all liberals live in trailer parks and college towns. They probably live down the street from YOU but, unlike many conservatives, are quiet about their opinions...
You must be out of your mind with hatred with all these conservatives moving about. Why drag politics into a 55+ thread...unless you are mostly out of your mind with worry about all the conservatives hiding behind every bush? LOL We happen to have moved to a very mixed neighborhood and oddly we all get along just fine. But we don't have any haters in the bunch.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Based on many complaining that only old people live in places like that, do not be so sure the neighbors will not die off soon and someone with that loud "stereo" moves in next.

Loudest sounds in my neighborhood are from the homes of old folks that cannot hear.....LOL
LOL. Guilty as charged. We had on an old Led Zeppelin documentary last night and it did get loud. Beats the heck out of Benny Goodman.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:53 PM

9,583 posts, read 10,930,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You must be out of your mind with hatred with all these conservatives moving about. Why drag politics into a 55+ thread...unless you are mostly out of your mind with worry about all the conservatives hiding behind every bush? LOL We happen to have moved to a very mixed neighborhood and oddly we all get along just fine. But we don't have any haters in the bunch.
Why not?

I sure don't want to have even one liberal living near me. I want my neighbors, folks within a few hundred miles, to look like me, think like me, and act like me. I'd rather have pleasant interactions than argue with savage and vicious liberals. I've done it; I'm worn out with it.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Why not?

I sure don't want to have even one liberal living near me. I want my neighbors, folks within a few hundred miles, to look like me, think like me, and act like me. I'd rather have pleasant interactions than argue with savage and vicious liberals. I've done it; I'm worn out with it.
We have several liberal friends and for the most part we get along with liberals but not the extreme leftist/progressives who are running the show right now and are obviously very hatelful, desperate, bitter people. Who needs that?

Old 05-12-2012, 05:44 AM

7,028 posts, read 6,993,234 times
No Hate Here

Motley Crew, The reason I brought up Conservatives is the quote from Leaving4CA: "However, the GREAT NEWS is that all of you judgmental liberal folks can go live in the college towns on in your trailer parks to stay away from conversatives. Please do!!! That would be fantastic." Or Happy in Wyoming: "I'd rather have pleasant interactions than argue with savage and vicious liberals."

I personally don't hate anyone, and certainly not all conservatives. I do feel, however, that if a person or couple is moving into a 55+, they should make themselves aware of the type of people who live there and think about whether they would want to associate with that type of person. Because I am a middle-of-the-road Independent who votes for the candidate, not the party, hearing numerous hateful (and often untrue) remarks about people in a different party from the speaker would bother me. My Sunday School is like that. It is unpleasant to hear and I keep quiet so as not to cause trouble, but I certainly think less of these people because of the hateful things they say. How can a good person say such things? THEY are full of hate.

So I certainly wouldn't want to live in a 55+ where a majority of the inhabitants are like this. Maybe others feel the same way. Or if they like the more adamant conservative atmosphere, then go for it!

Last edited by staywarm2; 05-12-2012 at 06:06 AM..

Old 05-12-2012, 07:48 AM

28,243 posts, read 39,908,153 times
Now children, behave.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:43 AM

29,782 posts, read 34,876,173 times
Some of the long time posters may remember conversations and specific 55 plus communities where political leanings had taken over the operation of the HOA etc. There were not many of them but in some cases there were efforts to kick out residents who were different. That often meant a zealous effort to annoy them with association complaints and being ostracized. Not often but there were cases discussed and there was strong consensus that folks needed to check that out before buying. There was also mention of cliques forming and ladies who were not part of the click being social outcast. Comparisons with high school were made by some of the posters.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:56 PM

607 posts, read 763,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
No Hate Here

Motley Crew, The reason I brought up Conservatives is the quote from Leaving4CA: "However, the GREAT NEWS is that all of you judgmental liberal folks can go live in the college towns on in your trailer parks to stay away from conversatives. Please do!!! That would be fantastic." Or Happy in Wyoming: "I'd rather have pleasant interactions than argue with savage and vicious liberals."

I personally don't hate anyone, and certainly not all conservatives. I do feel, however, that if a person or couple is moving into a 55+, they should make themselves aware of the type of people who live there and think about whether they would want to associate with that type of person. Because I am a middle-of-the-road Independent who votes for the candidate, not the party, hearing numerous hateful (and often untrue) remarks about people in a different party from the speaker would bother me. My Sunday School is like that. It is unpleasant to hear and I keep quiet so as not to cause trouble, but I certainly think less of these people because of the hateful things they say. How can a good person say such things? THEY are full of hate.

So I certainly wouldn't want to live in a 55+ where a majority of the inhabitants are like this. Maybe others feel the same way. Or if they like the more adamant conservative atmosphere, then go for it!
Interesting, it is the middle-of-the-road folks that frustrate both parties. It's all about YOU and what YOU want... that's the only goal! Not the political and/or financial welfare of the country, just personal gain and comfort. that is hardly "full of hate" Best come down off of your high horse, before you fall off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or