U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 AM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,467,321 times
Reputation: 29071

Advertisements

Grandchild #10 was born a bit over an hour ago to my oldest son and his wife. That makes five grandsons and five granddaughters. Who'd have ever thought that two only children would combine and have, to date, seven children, 10 grandchildren and five sons- and daughters-in-law and there could certainly be more to come.

At what point to you qualify for dynasty status?

Can't wait to see our new grandson in a couple of months (in another state).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 PM
 
Location: NYC
1,723 posts, read 3,370,940 times
Reputation: 2884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Grandchild #10 was born a bit over an hour ago to my oldest son and his wife. That makes five grandsons and five granddaughters. Who'd have ever thought that two only children would combine and have, to date, seven children, 10 grandchildren and five sons- and daughters-in-law and there could certainly be more to come.

At what point to you qualify for dynasty status?

Can't wait to see our new grandson in a couple of months (in another state).

Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,467,321 times
Reputation: 29071
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Prescott AZ
6,119 posts, read 9,071,114 times
Reputation: 11540
Curmudgeon; You are indeed very lucky. I was an only child married to an only child. We only had 2 kids, one boy and one girl and I only have 1 grandchild and there will never be anymore. I envy you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,467,321 times
Reputation: 29071
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Curmudgeon; You are indeed very lucky. I was an only child married to an only child. We only had 2 kids, one boy and one girl and I only have 1 grandchild and there will never be anymore. I envy you.
Well, Barb. Look on the bright side. Your Christmas and birthday obligations are reasonasble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2011, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Near a river
16,042 posts, read 18,967,079 times
Reputation: 15649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well, Barb. Look on the bright side. Your Christmas and birthday obligations are reasonasble.
Yes, wow, with 10 grandkids between holidays and birthdays one could go bankrupt. Time to be creative with what you give! How about lottery tickets for the little tykes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top