U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 09:50 AM

833 posts, read 1,472,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Huh! No I don't. With seven children between us it wouldn't amount to a whole lot for each of them anyway. Regardless, I hope we spend the bulk of it enjoying ourselves. We earned it. We deserve it.
I really like your attitude.

My attitude is the same and our 4 kids want us to enjoy retirement and not worry about how much is left in "their inheritance " when we die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 10:51 AM

5,090 posts, read 13,550,538 times
My post that referencing inheritance was to give a well thought out post about the issue with aspects that are not normally addressed. Why does your opinion of the nature of inheritance needed, when all I was trying to do is to point out problem; and perhaps some other people are concern about it. It was not to make an issue of inheritance or to discuss the good or bad.

My other post was humorous to show that problems of an aged driver and to indicate some behaviors that often occur. It was not to have a discussion about the turn signal or to point figures at other culprits (notice the spelling, for the one who cannot spell).

Why is that some people are so dense like a rock, that they must carry the issue beyond the discussion to showcase their opinions, that are not needed, and so criticize people who may have that concern; and to those who cannot understand true humor.

Livecontent

Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
My post that referencing inheritance was to give a well thought out post about the issue with aspects that are not normally addressed. Why does your opinion of the nature of inheritance needed, when all I was trying to do is to point out problem; and perhaps some other people are concern about it. It was not to make an issue of inheritance or to discuss the good or bad.

My other post was humorous to show that problems of an aged driver and to indicate some behaviors that often occur. It was not to have a discussion about the turn signal or to point figures at other culprits (notice the spelling, for the one who cannot spell).

Why is that some people are so dense like a rock, that they must carry the issue beyond the discussion to showcase their opinions, that are not needed, and so criticize people who may have that concern; and to those who cannot understand true humor.

Livecontent
When my driving gets bad, my kids would be concerned about me injuring myself or endangering other drivers,

They sure wouldn't see it as losing --" their"---inheritance,

But, iI guess every family 's kids are different

Some are concerned for safety reasons, some only see $$$$$$$$$$$

Old 07-07-2012, 11:47 AM

It has been my experience that people who point out spelling errors ,to discredit a post, can't come up with anything else to refute it !

Old 07-07-2012, 02:04 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,982,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Why is that some people are so dense like a rock, that they must carry the issue beyond the discussion to showcase their opinions, that are not needed, and so criticize people who may have that concern...
Livecontent
I cannot understand why this happens so often.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:07 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,982,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
When my driving gets bad, my kids would be concerned about me injuring myself or endangering other drivers,

They sure wouldn't see it as losing --" their"---inheritance,

But, iI guess every family 's kids are different

Some are concerned for safety reasons, some only see $$$$$$$$$$$
The point is NOT the "kids' inheritance." The point is your ESTATE. You could be planning to leave it all to your elderly sister or to cats and dogs or to the American Red Cross. The point is that if you get SUED for manslaughter on the road you could lose it ALL.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:53 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,395,135 times
Ever wonder why the older folks seem to drive the really big cars? I've been told it's for comfort but maybe it's so when they play bumper cars they have a better chance.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 PM
mlb

3,183 posts, read 2,857,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
The point is NOT the "kids' inheritance." The point is your ESTATE. You could be planning to leave it all to your elderly sister or to cats and dogs or to the American Red Cross. The point is that if you get SUED for manslaughter on the road you could lose it ALL.
Exactly. As an older driver - you might survive an accident .... but if you kill someone you can lose everything you have....

You might as well be dead.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 AM

5,981 posts, read 16,327,576 times
Back to Seniors, Okay or Serious Danger?

Old 07-08-2012, 04:35 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,616,692 times
my father in-law is 85 and is entering the mid stages of Alzheimer's,the Dr. took his license away (way to soon) so he has been driving the last two years with no license and no insurance. (the house is in his wifes name and he holds no claim to it) but the time has come for him to get off of the road before he causes a bad accident.
for us to take his car away is the equivalent to signing his death sentence. but that would be better than allowing him to cause someone else to die or get injured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement