U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 03:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,306 times

Advertisements

I recently separatd from my spouse. We were married only 4 months ago (no bills or anything together). Our divorce will be final in 60-days. I added spouse as a family member to my Tricare (I already had th Tricare family to due my child). My spouse has other health insurance tha is billed first. My spouse is going to his primary care doctor he chose though Tricare (still being billed by his insurance first, BUT still presenting the depndent ID card AND uing it for free meds at the local military pharmacy). I asked for the dependent ID card. My spouse said they'd return it, but continues to hid out and not return the ID. Is there anything I can do to get the ID card back? Can I disroll my spouse from Tricare? I am Tricare Prime. I was also told that I could reduce their Tricare to Standard. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 07:40 AM

8,093 posts, read 13,234,579 times
Just Google "Tricare disenroll spouse" and you'll find the form to fill out.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:54 AM

16,133 posts, read 20,826,624 times
You would probably get more responses on the Military Forum. I've been on TFL for over a de cade and wouldn't venture a guess.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:47 PM

13,889 posts, read 25,327,549 times
If you are going to be divorced that quickly, you might want to leave his coverage in place until the divorce is final. Since you posted this in the retirement forum, I am thinking you are both older. If something happened to him now, you could be financially responsible because you are married.

Get some good advice!

Old 09-11-2011, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,306 times
Thanks everyone...

You are correct... I found that I could be financially responsible, but Tricare switched him from Tricare Prime down the Tricare Standard. That was all they could do until I get the divorce decree. Yes, both in our early 40's. It's unfortunate, but I couldn't accept an no longer take the emotional abuse and financial irresponsibilities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement