U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 05:49 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times

Advertisements

Spent the day here -

Old 03-09-2017, 06:19 PM

3,505 posts, read 4,061,633 times
It's beautiful, Jim. But what do you do besides look at the scenery and chill for a bit. I am serious, not being snarky. I would last for maybe an hour before needing to move on to the next stop in my day. (This comes from a Michigan raised, big city raised female. I am not familiar with this area, so I am clueless).

Old 03-10-2017, 06:44 AM

^ visited friends, went on a hike at the state park. Lots and lots to do, was nice to spend time in the one place I am happy in.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:56 AM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
So, this is it for me for a while. Moving tomorrow. May not have internet for a bit. Not sure how long. I will be back, just not sure when. I may even come back as a new name, but always will be Phxbarb in my heart. Have a great weekend everyone !!!

Old 03-10-2017, 10:01 AM

4,727 posts, read 4,619,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
So, this is it for me for a while. Moving tomorrow. May not have internet for a bit. Not sure how long. I will be back, just not sure when. I may even come back as a new name, but always will be Phxbarb in my heart. Have a great weekend everyone !!!
Have a safe move. Please do check back in when you get re-settled.

[mod note] Send a DM to one of the senior moderators, (i.e., Yac, Marka), if you desire to change your screen name. [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 03-10-2017, 10:19 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:

Good luck PhxBarb!! I hope it all goes very well for you and that you are happy in your new home and new environment. Will be good to hear from you when you are settled.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:36 PM

238 posts, read 197,909 times
Quote:
PhxBarb, You are about 2 weeks ahead of me. I'll be moving to NorCal at the end of the month. Exhausting, isn't it?!

Old 03-10-2017, 10:40 PM

5,453 posts, read 3,543,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
It's beautiful, Jim. But what do you do besides look at the scenery and chill for a bit. I am serious, not being snarky. I would last for maybe an hour before needing to move on to the next stop in my day. (This comes from a Michigan raised, big city raised female. I am not familiar with this area, so I am clueless).
Jim states:

^ "visited friends, went on a hike at the state park. Lots and lots to do, was nice to spend time in the one place I am happy in."

But that says only that you took a hike. What does "lots and lots to do" encompass, as Michigan Transplant asked, if you feel like saying more? horseback riding? or....? fishing? coffee cafe stops? just curious, as Michigan Transplant is, since she/he brought it up.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Jim states:

^ "visited friends, went on a hike at the state park. Lots and lots to do, was nice to spend time in the one place I am happy in."

But that says only that you took a hike. What does "lots and lots to do" encompass, as Michigan Transplant asked, if you feel like saying more? horseback riding? or....? fishing? coffee cafe stops? just curious, as Michigan Transplant is, since she/he brought it up.
This is where I used to live, small mtn town of 800, just spent time visiting friends, hiking, wandering. Talking to people trying to find an affordable place so I can move back. This is the kind of town that when you walk into the post office you have an hour long conversation with a complete stranger about mountain lions.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:55 AM

Another good thing about being retired, stupid time change. I can sleep in. Cloudy quiet warm Sunday morning, had a nice 4 mile walk with the dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement