U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 10:25 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,019,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
SO I went to Walmart today. On a payday, and on the day before July 4th. WHAT WAS I THINKING? OMG, people it's not the apocalypse, your Cheezy Poofs will be there tomorrow. Bumper to bumper traffic, lines at the gas stations and at Safeway a woman had a complete meltdown because she had to wait in line for two minutes.

I am home and staying here. Have ribs, sausage and assorted other goodies for the smoker tomorrow. We're under a burn ban and fireworks ban so hopefully it will be quiet.

Yall have a wonderful Independence Day, America will always stand and always be here no matter what!
I went to the store to pickup the stuff we ordered and noticed the same thing. We are doing:

Specialty/ Regular Hamburgers and Hotdogs
Chicken fried steak
assorted salads and beverages

Old 07-04-2017, 12:26 AM

10,851 posts, read 8,199,065 times
Quote:
SO I went to Walmart today. On a payday, and on the day before July 4th. WHAT WAS I THINKING? OMG, people it's not the apocalypse, your Cheezy Poofs will be there tomorrow. Bumper to bumper traffic, lines at the gas stations and at Safeway a woman had a complete meltdown because she had to wait in line for two minutes.
You were there too. No shade intended but it's not clear why you think your intentions were more noble than everyone else's, were you buying something more important than Cheezy Poofs? (Apologies if I'm missing your point.)

Old 07-04-2017, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
I went to the store to pickup the stuff we ordered and noticed the same thing. We are doing:

Specialty/ Regular Hamburgers and Hotdogs
Chicken fried steak
assorted salads and beverages
I went to Walmart today looking for mothballs (which Walmart didn't have so I came home and ordered them from Amazon). Ended up buying an ironing pad and tomatoes. I'm very confused about how what someone buys matters, what am I missing?

Old 07-04-2017, 06:12 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,380,409 times
This is a "chat" thread, isn't it?? People just chatting?

Wishing everyone a very Happy Fourth of July!!

Old 07-04-2017, 07:01 AM

8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times
Quote:

I am home and staying here. Have ribs, sausage and assorted other goodies for the smoker tomorrow. We're under a burn ban and fireworks ban so hopefully it will be quiet.

Yall have a wonderful Independence Day, America will always stand and always be here no matter what!

You forgot that it's also the first of the month and the first week of every month is chaos! lol I worked yesterday and, yep, it was crazy. Sunday was fairly slow for us. Slow enough that we'd have four cashiers in the aisle competing for customers. I figured everybody had left town to go camping or something but evidently they were all back Monday! lol At least it all went as smoothly as possible.

I am staying home today too. I actually got the 4th off but only because it's a regularly scheduled day off anyway. I've got lots to keep me busy right here and I think I'm even going to clean up my BBQ and, maybe, use it this evening. I WILL be enjoying the fireworks tonight and I have the most perfect view from a big window with a comfy couch. No way would I go near the fairgrounds tonight!

Old 07-04-2017, 07:25 AM

11,201 posts, read 12,675,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
You were there too. No shade intended but it's not clear why you think your intentions were more noble than everyone else's, were you buying something more important than Cheezy Poofs? (Apologies if I'm missing your point.)
My intentions more noble? What? Wow.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:29 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,218 times
Happy Fourth of July! The flag is out and flying proudly.

All food prep for a beach picnic and to see the fireworks from the jetty later is done.

DH took the afternoon off yesterday to enjoy the grandkids. They built a pirate ship in the foyer using the sofas, chairs, kitchen ladder, broom, yardsticks, bamboo sticks, beach towels, clothes pins, paper plate, rope and tons of green masking tape. I made treasure maps and hid the booty. Our bedroom was named Cat Island, gee I wonder why, and the drinking glasses in the kitchen mysteriously had labels marked 'grog' or with skulls and crossbones on them.

When their Dad came go pick them up they cried "oh, can't we stay?" Our son is probably wondering who these people are, they aren't the ones he grew up with.

Enjoy the day, where ever it takes you!

Old 07-04-2017, 07:31 AM

11,201 posts, read 12,675,819 times
Happy birthday America!

Ribs check, sausage check, charcoal check, hickory chips check, corn on the cob check, smoker clean and ready check. BURN BAN - well dagnabit!

Old 07-04-2017, 07:35 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,380,409 times
^^^^^^^^^ jean_ji: Silly question probably. Where did you get the green masking tape? I need dark brown..... will I find it somewhere? I need to do a patch job on something the cats "sharpened" their claws on. Thanks!!

Old 07-04-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
^^^^^^^^^ jean_ji: Silly question probably. Where did you get the green masking tape? I need dark brown..... will I find it somewhere? I need to do a patch job on something the cats "sharpened" their claws on. Thanks!!
Dark brown duct tape is widely available. Would that work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement