U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 04:26 PM

606 posts, read 563,577 times

Advertisements

Meo, my husband, now in Heaven, was raised in Duluth. He too enjoyed the storms, remember years ago, in the gold county of CA, we sat on a porch of a motel?, watched an electrical storm !

Frustrated ? ! In reorganizing, put my bamboo steamer in a new place, I think as I cannot locate it ! So blanched the fresh spinach with a lil' bit of water in the fry pan. Actually it cooked though still will eat it as a salad.

DS, when traveling to and from NE, stopped at Cracker Barrel & brought me---CHOW CHOW ! ! ! N CA native so enjoyed it when it was served at the Cracker Barrel restaurant with a small cup of pinto beans ! Yes ! Cornbread and collards I believe also came with it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 06:29 PM

11,198 posts, read 12,673,229 times
Caught my limit again today of four rainbow trout, I caught a lot more but kept the biggest ones.

It was 68f up there today, got home 108f with 58mph wind gusts and a dust storm. I may just have to go back up there tomorrow.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:26 AM

20,120 posts, read 20,237,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Well, my nice morning was marred as I was slowly backing out of a parking spot in a parking lot next to a big work truck. I didn'tt see the car coming and they didn't see me until our bumpers met in slow motion.

I have a paint scuff on my rear corner and they had a dent by the side turn signal and a corner of their grill popped out. No police were called, I got their insurance info and took photos of the scene and damage and their license plate, but didn't get their personal info that I need to make a report online to the police, so I'll see if the insurance company can help me with that. It's no fault here, so I put in a claim to document only.

I have not had an accident in over 38 years, I had a couple of them when I was in my early twenties during a particularly icy winter. Now I'll be better prepared the next time this happens as fair as insisting on getting their address etc., but I hope it will be a long time and I'll have forgotten again by then.

I don't want to ruin your day but just to prepare you (this is a quote)...
"In terms of damages to vehicles and their contents, those claims are still based on fault. No-fault systems focus solely on issues of compensation for bodily injury."

I had a similar accident except both of us were backing out, police were called and decided both of us were equally at fault. Both insurance companies decided I was more at fault based on the reports we both had to file and paid for damages and my premiums went up.
Since you didn't have the right of way, my guess is you will be considered at fault.
(This is an instance where I hope you prove me wrong.)

Old 07-07-2017, 05:53 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,740,383 times
It was totally my fault. I luckily have no damage to be repaired on my car, so at least there is no claim from me, only the other car.

FL has transparency on property owner tax rolls, and with the other driver's name and her husband's name, I easily found their address. With that I then found her birthdate needed to fill out the online crash report. There is no privacy with even a minimum of information on someone.

Our insurance agent was nice and very helpful answering all the questions I had. Our renewal is in August so any rate increase will be on our February renewal. I won't see a detailed list of repairs but will see the total paid out under my claim number.

The next few times I was driving afterwards, I was hyper vigilant and reactive and realized I was likely increasing my chances of another accident by behaving that way. My usual way of driving had gotten me through all these years without incident, so I relaxed. Stuff happens.

Last edited by jean_ji; 07-07-2017 at 06:11 AM..

Old 07-07-2017, 06:04 AM

8,018 posts, read 11,793,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Caught my limit again today of four rainbow trout, I caught a lot more but kept the biggest ones.

It was 68f up there today, got home 108f with 58mph wind gusts and a dust storm. I may just have to go back up there tomorrow.
I bet its beautiful up there. Nothing like that within an hour in Ohio, not even more hours!

Old 07-07-2017, 01:12 PM

606 posts, read 563,577 times
Jim, pleased you had a good catch, weather is so you are going back ! Side dishes for trout---salad, Reminds me years ago, we stayed in cabins---near Oregon Caves, had dinner in a restaurant, first time for fried trout---delicious !

Jean, catching up with the Thread, sorry to learn of your accident.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:37 PM

6,182 posts, read 9,240,764 times
So I have a new malady. I have ground my teeth down so much (stress with move) that I have an ear ache, buzzing in my head and need a new night guard. Found a terrific dentist here and learned it's a form of TMJ. Need one crown shortened, muscle massage in my mouth ( !) and warm/cold packs, and cortisone. Am so pleased to find a good dentist ! CT scan showed clear sinuses. They should be clear after 3 antibiotics !

Yeah ! Back to healthy living !!!

Old 07-07-2017, 02:07 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,470,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
So I have a new malady. I have ground my teeth down so much (stress with move) that I have an ear ache, buzzing in my head and need a new night guard. Found a terrific dentist here and learned it's a form of TMJ. Need one crown shortened, muscle massage in my mouth ( !) and warm/cold packs, and cortisone. Am so pleased to find a good dentist ! CT scan showed clear sinuses. They should be clear after 3 antibiotics !

Yeah ! Back to healthy living !!!
I've ground my teeth most of my life. My first year at school I was living in a dorm and my roommate woke me in the middle of the night with: "There's a mouse in here - I hear it squeaking!!!" So we were up looking for the mouse and finally went back to sleep. Soon there was a tap on my shoulder - "You're the mouse!"

Old 07-07-2017, 03:14 PM

1,958 posts, read 1,027,924 times
I had crowns due to teeth grinding. Dentist told me they would last 30 years. Seemed like forever at the time

Now here we are thirtysomething years later and I have ground down the crowns haha

Old 07-07-2017, 03:28 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,740,383 times
I bought a set of cookware with a fifty year warranty at age thirty. Having them go out of warranty at age 80 struck me as very funny back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement