U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 04:15 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times

Advertisements

I was very young when I started getting crowns. The first ones were the gold ones. I ground a hole into one of mine.

All but the last two bottom molars have been replaced with the "natural" color crowns.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:03 PM

4,951 posts, read 4,490,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Caught my limit again today of four rainbow trout, I caught a lot more but kept the biggest ones.

It was 68f up there today, got home 108f with 58mph wind gusts and a dust storm. I may just have to go back up there tomorrow.
I love fresh trout! You going to have us all over for a CD fish fry? Sorry about the fender bender, BTW. According to the weather app on my computer, Montrose had a high of 98 today? Yikes! We've been putting on our sweaters in the face of 92 degree temps down here in Cortez. I hate the weeks when it gets really hot in summer!

Old 07-07-2017, 05:06 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
I ended up getting dentures after all the medication I was taking for my back eroded my enamel. It was a tough decision but after discussing it with my dentist, I decided to go for it when I got my settlement.

I could have gone for a few more years but since I had the money in hand I decided to spend some on my teeth. I sometimes wish I'd gone with implants but I, also, was a tooth grinder.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:26 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I ended up getting dentures after all the medication I was taking for my back eroded my enamel. It was a tough decision but after discussing it with my dentist, I decided to go for it when I got my settlement.

I could have gone for a few more years but since I had the money in hand I decided to spend some on my teeth. I sometimes wish I'd gone with implants but I, also, was a tooth grinder.

Sounds like a good investment in your money, Meo. I have heard they are very expensive.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:29 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I love fresh trout! You going to have us all over for a CD fish fry? Sorry about the fender bender, BTW. According to the weather app on my computer, Montrose had a high of 98 today? Yikes! We've been putting on our sweaters in the face of 92 degree temps down here in Cortez. I hate the weeks when it gets really hot in summer!

Fry trout? Blasphemy! I grill trout. Now I have, on occasion, taken a cast iron pan with me, and after catching a few trout, build a fire on the bank and fried them. And those "official" Montrose temps are at the airport, not where I live which is 15 miles west of town in a desert. It's always 10-15 degrees hotter here.

Last edited by jim9251; 07-07-2017 at 07:00 PM..

Old 07-08-2017, 02:51 PM

606 posts, read 563,893 times
Barb, happy you are back to healthy living, found a good dentist.

Jim, can we can come for a b-b-q potluck; you grill the fish, I'll be happy to bring a toss salad !

Grandson's 16th birthday yesterday, son grilled burgers with cheese in the middle, cucumbers in sour cream, tomatoes, buns, condiments; had purchased bing cherries for my grandson though everyone enjoyed 'em. Also, cream pies on special, one with blueberries, another with strawberries in the middle quite tasty!

Oh! My son, also grilled pineapple (canned) rings, folks he was with a while ago thought it weird till they tried them; he grilled some yesterday, very good !

Old 07-08-2017, 10:54 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
I was talking with an old friend from Arkansas today and mentioned it was only 102 degrees. Then it dawned on me this is day 16 of 100 degrees plus here and day 35 of no rain. I added the air is brown from smoke from all the forest fires. But hey, the trout fishing is good. She told me she would do a rain dance. And knowing her...full moon and all.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:13 AM

6,618 posts, read 5,275,385 times
Quote:
I was talking with an old friend from Arkansas today and mentioned it was only 102 degrees. Then it dawned on me this is day 16 of 100 degrees plus here and day 35 of no rain. I added the air is brown from smoke from all the forest fires. But hey, the trout fishing is good. She told me she would do a rain dance. And knowing her...full moon and all.
Wow and I thought it was warm here in south Texas! We've been in the high 90s but only one official 100 degree day. It was very nice when I went outside this morning. Rather chilly

Old 07-09-2017, 11:19 AM

4,951 posts, read 4,490,886 times
Quote:
Well, maybe your friend's full moon rain dance did some good. I notice that this morning's weather forecast is for some (weak) monsoonal showers to move in toward the end of the week. Don't know what impact that might have on Montrose. I agree that the best way to fix trout is to flip them straight from the line into the pan you have heating up on your campfire alongside the stream. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!

This heat we've been having has been very hard on my hound - that and the cheat grass with its barbed awns which dig into his coat and can't be easily seen to be pulled out. Between those and the heat, my dog has developed a number of "hot spots." He scratches all the time, but doesn't want me to put any doggie salve on him. I tried the stuff on some mosquito bites I acquired working in my garden, and the salve doesn't sting at all. In fact, it feels quite soothing. I've been chasing my mutt all around the house, tube of salve in hand. When I do manage to catch him and zap him with some salve, he crawls under the kitchen table afterward and refuses to come out - exactly as if I had disciplined him for committing some doggie sin - very frustrating!

Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 AM

37,550 posts, read 46,329,059 times
I don't think I posted this already, but we got some very happy news this week. Our youngest son and his wife are expecting a baby girl in January.
We have a yours, mine and ours family, and five lovely grandchildren, the youngest just finished high school. So it's been 18 years since the last grandchild, and this will be our first "ours". We can't wait to see her.
My knitting needles are going at warp speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement