U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 01:32 PM

8,758 posts, read 9,827,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Back in the hospital today and for the next 5 days. But at least this time it was planned. Blue Cross is not going to be happy, lol.

My gosh, I hope you are doing okay! Seems like it's one thing or another, huh? Get well soon!

I bet Blue Cross was plenty happy when they took your premiums! Let them 'suffer' a little. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
MMoB, sorry to hear you are back in the hospital again. Praying you start to feel better soon.

I just got out last night, myself. Went in through the ER on Sunday morning and came home last night. Nice to be home, although feeling like a rag doll. Although I had to cancel my trip to visit the "kid's" in Norfolk. But that's okay, things will work out with a rescheduled date.

We just had a Presidential visit in Phoenix last night. Unfortunately there were a lot of protesters out and apparently a few got out of hand. But Kudos to our Phoenix Police Dept who did a great job of keeping the peace. It is not easy for our Officers to be out there in the heat for hours!

Hope things get better for both you and your husband. Your health is more important than any trip right now so take care of yourself! Both of you!

I wonder if the protestors would get out of hand if there weren't a few agitators out there. I think the vast majority just want a peaceful time of it but there's always got to be a few!

Old 08-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston 2025 View Post
jim9251 - just spent a wonderful week on the front range visiting my son. We took a day trip to Durango and then the next day up the 550 through Silverton, Ouray and Montrose and then 50 back home. OMG were the mountains beautiful. All three of us were checking out house prices. I lived 7 years in Colorado Springs and then moved back home to be closer to my family. COS still tugs at my heart when I visit there. Just can't stand the winters though. I have to say I'm a little jealous of you living on the western slope....

You were in my very favorite part of Colorado. It IS truly beautiful up there. One of these days I'll get back up there to visit.

I'd be afraid to check out housing costs up there!! lol

Old 08-23-2017, 02:37 PM

8,309 posts, read 12,061,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
My gosh, I hope you are doing okay! Seems like it's one thing or another, huh? Get well soon!
Well, it's all sort of related. When I was first admitted to the hospital by way of the ER back in June when my heart was racing and I was having breathing problems, I was expecting to be told that I had a pulmonary embolism or a pericardial effusion (both of which I've had previously with those symptoms). Instead, I found out that I had cancer (mediastinal lymphoma) in addition to some other health issues. I've been undergoing several cycles of chemotherapy since the diagnosis. That's actually why this was a planned admission. I'm beginning my third cycle which consists of constant 24/hr/day chemo infusion for 5 days. I then get two weeks off and then we do it again. There's supposed to be a total of 6 cycles and then we re-evaluate.

I hadn't planned on going into all of this detail, but given the recent thread about Robyn (and RiverBird before her), with people wondering what happened to them when they stopped posting, I figured I'd get the info out now in the event that I stop posting here as well.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:50 PM

4,858 posts, read 3,369,634 times
MadManofBethesda: Thank you for sharing with us what is going on with you. You seem to have the absolute right attitude....... you have not given up which is SO important.

I hope to be reading your posts for a long time to come.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:31 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,467,052 times
Mad man~~~~I'm sorry to hear of your illness and hope the news in the future is good. I appreciate you telling us. I understand that the others didn't want to be bothered with well wishers so you need to tell us what you like and don't like or when enough is enough. I'm sure people will respect your wishes.

Here's a hug & a prayer.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:47 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,380,847 times
OK you guys and gals.........this Ole Fogey is still "hangin' on" out here in the "boonies of western Montana".
Worked 40 yrs; married 51 yrs; widowed 12 yr; retired 24 yrs; and looking forward to maybe getting to 90 ........who knows.
66 yrs ago today, I began a 4.5 month stay in the hospital and 10 months rehab... my two friends on my left in the front seat of the convertible died in the car.
All I can say is: My number wasn't up!!!!!!!!.......So, I live by the motto:...CARPE DIEM! AND l believe in miracles!
And Madman.......I hope you beat the odds.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Well, it's all sort of related. When I was first admitted to the hospital by way of the ER back in June when my heart was racing and I was having breathing problems, I was expecting to be told that I had a pulmonary embolism or a pericardial effusion (both of which I've had previously with those symptoms). Instead, I found out that I had cancer (mediastinal lymphoma) in addition to some other health issues. I've been undergoing several cycles of chemotherapy since the diagnosis. That's actually why this was a planned admission. I'm beginning my third cycle which consists of constant 24/hr/day chemo infusion for 5 days. I then get two weeks off and then we do it again. There's supposed to be a total of 6 cycles and then we re-evaluate.

I hadn't planned on going into all of this detail, but given the recent thread about Robyn (and RiverBird before her), with people wondering what happened to them when they stopped posting, I figured I'd get the info out now in the event that I stop posting here as well.

Oh my! I am so sorry to hear this but you seem to have a good attitude and I'm pulling for you! Now I understand the "planned" part. I'm not too bright or might have figured it out. Either chemo or dialysis are "planned" and I've known people who had to live with one or the other. Do take care of yourself and I hope you are around for a long long time to come.

Today I was looking for one of my posts in another thread, from probably 2009-10, and saw a LOT of names I wonder what happened to them. Live Content for one. He was last active 12-12-15. Just gone. Also, Gandalara. Last activity 6-13-15. I know she was looking forward to retiring...and, I think she did before she stopped posting...and getting an RV so she could travel. She didn't live that far from me and I wanted to meet up with her. Motley Crew hasn't been around since 5-12-16 either. Texdav was another one. So many. I hope they just decided to quit coming to CD.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:16 PM

4,858 posts, read 3,369,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
OK you guys and gals.........this Ole Fogey is still "hangin' on" out here in the "boonies of western Montana".
Worked 40 yrs; married 51 yrs; widowed 12 yr; retired 24 yrs; and looking forward to maybe getting to 90 ........who knows.
66 yrs ago today, I began a 4.5 month stay in the hospital and 10 months rehab... my two friends on my left in the front seat of the convertible died in the car.
All I can say is: My number wasn't up!!!!!!!!.......So, I live by the motto:...CARPE DIEM! AND l believe in miracles!
And Madman.......I hope you beat the odds.

Wow. I am so sorry you lost those two friends. So glad you survived.

It seems so strange, doesn't it, when you look back on that event how you were spared and the other two were not. I don't know where you stand with God, but I believe He had big plans for you and from your posts that I've read, you have done them.

It's never a good idea to try to figure out how these things happen. Just be grateful, I guess.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:19 AM

11,195 posts, read 12,664,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
You were in my very favorite part of Colorado. It IS truly beautiful up there. One of these days I'll get back up there to visit.

I'd be afraid to check out housing costs up there!! lol

Afraid? I found a single wide trailer for ONLY $140,000. A one bedroom condo for ONLY $129,000. That's why I'm stuck in a cheap rental in Montrose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement