U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 01:31 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Jean -- I hope your Hubby's trip goes well. It is kind of perplexing/emotional to receive an offer on a long-time home, not matter what the circumstances. Especially an unsolicited one. An out-of-state move is difficult. I am thinking of you and your family, and hoping that all goes well with this next step, or perhaps it does not happen now. It is an emotional time, and I wish you & Hubby well.
Thank you, we've already done the hard part. We moved to FL 5 years ago, snowbirding and then kept staying more time every year in FL. We made it permanent this past year, with just a short time in NY, and were planning on selling the NY home in the coming spring.

Our son, DIL and grandkids are here in FL, so it's been an easy transition. We love both places, with many good memories in NY, but it's time to move on and let go. Fence sitting is nice when I don't want to commit one way or the other, but it does get uncomfortable after a while.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:08 PM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
I feel the need to talk to someone, and CD is all I have right now. Is anyone else kinda upset today? This is not the world I signed up for and wanted to live in. I know this happened in Vegas, but why? No apparent reason? Are people just ready to go out and shoot innocents for no reason? I have this uneasy feeling today. Am not in any apparent danger, although there is a wacko living next door whose behavior is kinda strange. I called a locksmith to change all the locks, since I know the previous owner gave him a key to my house. (She was very old and wanted someone to be able to get in). This is a nice retirement community, but one never knows who is living in it.

All the terrible weather. And then this. I think God is trying to tell us something, don't you? Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by AZgarden; 10-02-2017 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: added to it.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:27 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Nice cool rain all day today here, temp about 44 degrees. Very enjoyable. Snowed in the mountains. Going trout fishing tomorrow.

Folks, you can't stop evil. You can just live your lives the best way you can.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:41 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I feel the need to talk to someone, and CD is all I have right now. Is anyone else kinda upset today? This is not the world I signed up for and wanted to live in. I know this happened in Vegas, but why? No apparent reason? Are people just ready to go out and shoot innocents for no reason? I have this uneasy feeling today. Am not in any apparent danger, although there is a wacko living next door whose behavior is kinda strange. I called a locksmith to change all the locks, since I know the previous owner gave him a key to my house. (She was very old and wanted someone to be able to get in). This is a nice retirement community, but one never knows who is living in it.

All the terrible weather. And then this. I think God is trying to tell us something, don't you? Sorry for the rant.

You are not alone, Barb. I had to get out of here because I was so unsettled. I went for a long ride, which sometimes calms me down. It did a little.

I don't think there is rhyme or reason for this kind of thing. He acted alone. But he did have family history (his father). And to think Congress wants to pass the silencer for guns.

I am still muddled about it. Nothing comes out right now. I'm watching the ABC news with David Muir. They are talking about it.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:29 PM

1,594 posts, read 2,238,491 times
I heard on the news that the shooter was a high roller gambler, well known in the business. Maybe MMOB has heard of him?

Old 10-03-2017, 07:50 AM

30f and heavy frost this morning, my garden is done. Going trout fishing.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:19 PM

I hope they do an autopsy on the guy who killed all those people. Am thinking maybe he had a terminal illness and wanted to go out with a big exit.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I hope they do an autopsy on the guy who killed all those people. Am thinking maybe he had a terminal illness and wanted to go out with a big exit.
They will, but some things we will never understand.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:40 PM

1,645 posts, read 631,336 times
PhxBarb -- This week has been a tough one, I understand what you mean. It is so sad to hear these stories coming out -- there is no way to understand or reason why this person did what he did. I'm sorry to hear you are uneasy about your neighbor. Odds are very good that he's okay; this week has everyone on edge. But a good idea to have your locks changed - quite sensible. We are heading up to Lynx Lake on Saturday for church campout [we're not staying overnight]. I can leave my guys at the campground and head back to Rt 69 if you would like to meet for a coffee/visit - the campground road is right at 69 and the Costco store. Just let me know! Or come on down to the campground - friendly folks and lots of food!

Jim - Happy to hear about your cool, crisp weather! Please send a little bit of it down here to Arizona, Lol.

We went to a Medicare Information session at our local library this afternoon; they just give out pretty basic information but got a few tidbits. Living in a large metropolitan area, we have many plans to chose from.

The Memorial Service I went to yesterday was for a fellow who was a Viet Nam Vet; 2nd round of cancer got him. I really do feel the bad chemicals likely contributed to the cancer. So sad.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:56 PM

Hollyhock: I will send you a DM !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement