U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2017, 02:21 AM

16,620 posts, read 5,463,434 times

Advertisements

Bella, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. What a terrible shock. You're right, a diagnosis like that puts things into perspective. After what happened in Las Vegas last weekend, I am finding that my own little problems seem petty by comparison. I don't usually participate in the chat threads, but I am delurking to express my sympathy. I hope that your daughter will get the best medical care possible and that she will be one of the survivors. Take care and please keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 04:19 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,468,919 times
Bella - I am so sorry to hear this news. It must be devastating for you. Sending your daughter prayers for a good outcome.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:10 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,739,465 times
Bella, I'm so sorry you are getting news no parent ever wants to hear. Being retired now, you can use your time and energy in a very positive way for your family and yourself without the distraction of work. Best wishes for you all.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:00 AM

4,865 posts, read 3,374,876 times
BellaDL: I am very sorry to read this. I can't imagine how you are feeling. Even through the sadness, you seem to have a positive attitude, which will help you all the way through this time.

You have offered wonderful advice and I thank you for that.

Sending prayers for your daughter and you and your husband. I believe in their power and believe they will help you all through this.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:23 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,027,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Bella, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. What a terrible shock. You're right, a diagnosis like that puts things into perspective. After what happened in Las Vegas last weekend, I am finding that my own little problems seem petty by comparison. I don't usually participate in the chat threads, but I am delurking to express my sympathy. I hope that your daughter will get the best medical care possible and that she will be one of the survivors. Take care and please keep us posted.

add my thoughts and wishes to the rest, Bella. Bayarea said what I could not have said so well. My heart is with you.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:32 AM

5,101 posts, read 3,573,664 times
My heart goes out to you & your family.

There are never words enough to express the grief you must be dealing with. In times like this all anyone can do is be supportive.

Even though it was tough to share, thank you for sharing.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:47 AM

1,345 posts, read 865,578 times
Bella, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My mother had a radical mastectomy in her early 40's. Ten years later, she had a mastectomy on her other breast. She survived both cancers and lived to her 80's. I hope that all of you come through this painful and stressful time successfully!

Old 10-06-2017, 11:22 AM

14,017 posts, read 17,928,294 times
Bella, I, too, am so sorry to hear of the bad news about your daughter. I am rooting for her, and for you.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:15 PM

6,182 posts, read 9,238,576 times
Bella: I am one of the survivors, and it's been nine years since a mammography detected a stage 2 in my left breast. Thankfully, it had not spread and I had the same fears you have, and still am anxious every year when I have my exam. I was very lucky because it was caught early, as was your daughters'. Early detection means everything. I had the mastectomy and breast reconstruction and never faced chemo or radiation. I did have to take hormone pills (Femara) for 5 years afterward, which gave me hot flashes all over again. Not good !

I hope your daughter has a good oncologist, and surgeon and that is the best you can do for her. Pray without ceasing. Your prayers do mean alot. I wish you the best and for your daughter's well -being to be restored. Barb

Old 10-06-2017, 04:17 PM

606 posts, read 563,486 times
BellaDL, my thoughts, prayers for your daughter, you, your family, medical team are with you. This Chat Thread comes through with caring thoughts, so many folks do not know what to say, stay silent.

PhxBarb, Thanks why I Post here, people share their lives- climates they live in, journey their our on, good times and times when we need a caring word.

Matisse made me LOL, it reminded me of when I comment-ji to a fellow worker, about being normal ? ! He gave me a whole dissertation (read too much !) about normal; I was being facetious as my Mom would say And she didn't joke !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement