U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 09:24 AM

6,180 posts, read 9,236,298 times

Advertisements

Volosong: Thank you for a very sweet and tender story from your past. And for considering me in my loss of my beloved Boomer. I also have a few memories of people that passed through my life, touched my soul, yet moved on never to be heard from again. For one of them, I did try to find what happened to that person, not because I wanted to contact them, but to have some "ending" in my own thought. It ended with my find of an obituary, which really made me very sad.

Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 08:43 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,019,301 times
My youngest went to the ER last night. She passed a kidney stone. She told me that she had no idea something so little could cause so much pain. She's better now. My sister and dil have the flu. My dil sent my son over here because she doen't want him to get sick again

Old 02-06-2018, 11:21 PM

4,721 posts, read 4,610,350 times
Ouch! If the pain she felt is anything like getting hit by a baseball on the shin, then I can understand how much pain she had to endure. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Glad she is better now. Hope your sis and your son's wife feel better soon.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 02-07-2018, 06:44 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,738,652 times
I had my first cataract surgery on Monday and I am amazed by the clarity and vivid colors now. Looking out of my other eye is like looking out a very dirty window. It is an incredible difference and it was almost painful with the brightness that first day as my eye adjusted.

Warmer weather has returned and it feels good. Windows are open and I’m listening to birds this morning. I picked three red tomatoes yesterday, but my cucumbers are behind as they took a hit with the colder weather.

My other eye is scheduled for Monday and I’m doing my best to stay healthy with one grandchild recovered from the flu and waiting to see if the younger one comes down with it. My older grandchild finished reading The Phantom Tollbooth that I gave her for Christmas. She loved it and told me I should read it too and brought it over for me. I started it last night and I’m hooked.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:57 AM

1,642 posts, read 629,272 times
BJW50 -- So sorry about your daughter and the kidney stone. Sounds very painful.

Jean -- I'm glad your cataract surgery went well! I remember my mother had to use the big shade glasses after her surgery; they help a lot. Good luck with #2!

I hope the grand kids stay well. I still love to read children's books myself!

Old 02-07-2018, 04:45 PM

28,396 posts, read 40,277,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
My youngest went to the ER last night. She passed a kidney stone. She told me that she had no idea something so little could cause so much pain. She's better now. My sister and dil have the flu. My dil sent my son over here because she doen't want him to get sick again
It took them 9 days to remove my wife's first kidney stone. Nine days!!

Old 02-08-2018, 07:31 AM

8,758 posts, read 9,830,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
I had my first cataract surgery on Monday and I am amazed by the clarity and vivid colors now. Looking out of my other eye is like looking out a very dirty window. It is an incredible difference and it was almost painful with the brightness that first day as my eye adjusted.

Warmer weather has returned and it feels good. Windows are open and Iím listening to birds this morning. I picked three red tomatoes yesterday, but my cucumbers are behind as they took a hit with the colder weather.

My other eye is scheduled for Monday and Iím doing my best to stay healthy with one grandchild recovered from the flu and waiting to see if the younger one comes down with it. My older grandchild finished reading The Phantom Tollbooth that I gave her for Christmas. She loved it and told me I should read it too and brought it over for me. I started it last night and Iím hooked.

My eye is still blurry and I haven't noticed much difference in brightness, etc.. Also feels a tad scratchy sometimes. Not clear at all. When I close my left eye though the right eye seems just fine...and I know it isn't. How long does this fuzzy stuff last??

Old 02-08-2018, 07:50 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,738,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
My eye is still blurry and I haven't noticed much difference in brightness, etc.. Also feels a tad scratchy sometimes. Not clear at all. When I close my left eye though the right eye seems just fine...and I know it isn't. How long does this fuzzy stuff last??
I wish I had answers for you. My cataract may have been more severe than yours, which may explain why I’m more aware of the brightness now. As for the fuzziness, hopefully it’s just part of the healing process and will just take time.

Did you have your follow-up appointment? I mentioned I was having an occasional shimmering light in my peripheral vision. The doctor said that will go away as my cornea heals and it has lessened already. I hope things improve for you soon. Are you having the other eye done?

Old 02-08-2018, 08:51 AM

8,758 posts, read 9,830,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
I wish I had answers for you. My cataract may have been more severe than yours, which may explain why Iím more aware of the brightness now. As for the fuzziness, hopefully itís just part of the healing process and will just take time.

Did you have your follow-up appointment? I mentioned I was having an occasional shimmering light in my peripheral vision. The doctor said that will go away as my cornea heals and it has lessened already. I hope things improve for you soon. Are you having the other eye done?

I had my follow-up appointment the next day. They checked eye pressure, etc. and said I'm doing fine. I hope things improve soon! I'm supposed the have the other eye done on the 19th so I HOPE this is cleared up by then. Surely they would postpone it if it isn't.

I'm having a hard time with the no bending from the waist! It's amazing how many times a day we lean over to do stuff. Yesterday I had to get my cat to the vet. Luckily her, and the carrier, don't weigh over 20#. Even that was a job! lol Luckily for me I have Velcro closures on my shoes so don't have to lean to tie them. I was feeling a tad of pressure in my eye last night. Maybe from too much lifting and bending? I guess I need to be tied down.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:02 AM

4,721 posts, read 4,610,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I'm having a hard time with the no bending from the waist! It's amazing how many times a day we lean over to do stuff...
This might be a silly question, buy how does one sit in a chair if they can't "bend at the waist"?

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement