U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 02:01 PM

4,865 posts, read 3,374,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Party night again, I called the sheriff, they were busy never came out. Solid line of LOUD trucks, dust was awful with their sliding sideways around curves. Must have been over 50 headed back to their party spot. Then at 3am they all leave, heading back to town racing.

Jim, I am just mortified at what you are dealing with. Unbelievable, rude people. And the cops never showed up? Makes me angry.

I was "stuck" on a major highway in downtown Syracuse one time, called 911 for cops to help, was told they were too busy....... tho saw a few police cars whiz by and never stopped to ask if they could help me.

Not a good feeling if the cops are too busy to help us in our time of need for them.

I sincerely hope you are able to relocate soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 03:44 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,739,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Looking at your pictures I sit here in 37 degree temp (sun is out tho!) and wonder why I'm remaining stuck here in central NY. The beach is a huge draw for me.

If I ever get out of the slump I've been in for a while, I need to make a road trip (my preferred way to travel). I've always liked the Gulf coast, Bradenton was once thought of as a possible relocation spot.
This is prime time here and getting ready to swing into hot weather shortly. Trust me, I’ll be thinking of lovely upstate NY when I can cut the humidity and heat with a knife down here. That darn grass is always greener.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:26 PM

11,195 posts, read 12,670,225 times
Spent a great Easter with the family, it was 75 degrees today. WAY too warm for my taste. Anyway the food was great, I took home a ton of leftovers and my 4 year old niece and I had a long talk about the mysteries of the universe.

She decided the one who got the "prize egg" in the Easter egg hunt was the queen of the galaxy.

I don't know about that but she did get $5.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:33 PM

^^^^^^^^You are so lucky to have such wonderful family. So, what did you learn from that sweet 4 year old?

Old 04-01-2018, 06:59 PM

11,195 posts, read 12,670,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
^^^^^^^^You are so lucky to have such wonderful family. So, what did you learn from that sweet 4 year old?
Carrots are good for your eyes.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Carrots are good for your eyes.
Four year olds are quite wise and you will hear things in a different way than youíve ever heard before from them. Cherish her and I hope today made up a bit for the late night party trucks.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:14 PM

Drats! I just learned daffodils can be toxic to cats. I guess I’m lucky I never accidentally killed any of mine before, I always like daffodils in the house. I’ll put the daffodils out in the lanai before going to bed so I don’t have to worry about our two cats deciding they are interested in them. Oh well, the cut daffodils don’t last long anyway.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Drats! I just learned daffodils can be toxic to cats. I guess Iím lucky I never accidentally killed any of mine before, I always like daffodils in the house. Iíll put the daffodils out in the lanai before going to bed so I donít have to worry about our two cats deciding they are interested in them. Oh well, the cut daffodils donít last long anyway.

I didn't know that about daffodils, either.

My apartment is too dark to have much luck with flowers or plants. And of course my two cats.

My desire to move is stemmed in that fact there is not enough natural beauty to feast my eyes on here where I live. My balcony (I'm on 2nd floor) looks out on the parking lot and across from that are huge trees that are bare right now from their winter sleep. It also faces direct north. Behind the trees are houses with some fences, etc.

I've put flowers and plants out on the balcony before and they have been nice. But it just does not feel like "enough." I don't know if you can understand what I'm trying to say. I hope I find "my" place before it's too late to find it.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:35 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,019,496 times
Had a great Easter. Went to my son and dil's house. Dil fixed one of the store bought holiday dinners. We brought a fruit salad and coleslaw.

My great-grandson asked me: " Why does grandpa call you dad?"

Old 04-02-2018, 11:51 AM

28,400 posts, read 40,283,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Drats! I just learned daffodils can be toxic to cats. I guess I’m lucky I never accidentally killed any of mine before, I always like daffodils in the house. I’ll put the daffodils out in the lanai before going to bed so I don’t have to worry about our two cats deciding they are interested in them. Oh well, the cut daffodils don’t last long anyway.
As are lilies. I wonder how many people brought in Easter lilies that have cats.

Easter Lily Poisoning in Cats

Edit: LOL at Easter lilies having cats. Sometimes I write sentences "backwards".

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 04-02-2018 at 12:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement