U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2018, 05:07 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,209,134 times

Advertisements

I was out on poop patrol in the back yard and realized that I need to mow, the grass is getting long. Knowing that I could not get to it until Saturday when we have snow predicted I posted a question on the local community facebook page asking if one could mow in the snow. Sure enough someone posted a picture of a guy with a walk behind mower doing just that.

Old Man Winter needs to go off into hibernation already but we've still got a couple of nights when the low temp is predicted to drop into the mid twenties.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:10 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,678,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
People over 65 don't need a license in Nebraska. I purchased mine many years ago.
Actually the fishing license is free but Colorado adds fees that add up to $1. Anyway sure beats the $46 a year I was paying.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:21 PM

1,645 posts, read 631,336 times
Jim, I'm happy to hear you had a quiet night last night. Hope tonight is the same.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:56 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,678,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Jim, I'm happy to hear you had a quiet night last night. Hope tonight is the same.
Today was quiet which is rare for a Saturday here. There are usually hundreds of dirt bikes, side by sides, 4 wheelers racing around and people shooting.

It's pouring rain so hopefully tonight will be quiet also and the party kids will say home.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:06 PM

8,764 posts, read 9,839,747 times
Default Shocking news today...

I JUST found out that my best friend died! On Feb. 19th, one day after her 65th b'day. I've tried to call her but no answer and I knew her mom was coming home from the rehab center soon...fell and broke her hip...so wanted to find out how things were going. Her brother just called. She donated her body to Univ. of AZ in Tucson and NOBODY was notified! Her brother had to go through her phone to get all our numbers. I went by her house the other day but nobody was there. Evidently her brother just brought their mom home yesterday. What a shock!! This is going to take some getting my head around and she was my ONLY friend as well.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:24 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
AZDesertBrat: I am so sorry to read this! What a terrible shock.

Small comfort, I know, you have many friends here on C-D and I am one of them.

Write again when you can. Sending you big hugs..........((((((((( ))))))))

Old 04-08-2018, 07:46 PM

434 posts, read 283,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I JUST found out that my best friend died! On Feb. 19th, one day after her 65th b'day. I've tried to call her but no answer and I knew her mom was coming home from the rehab center soon...fell and broke her hip...so wanted to find out how things were going. Her brother just called. She donated her body to Univ. of AZ in Tucson and NOBODY was notified! Her brother had to go through her phone to get all our numbers. I went by her house the other day but nobody was there. Evidently her brother just brought their mom home yesterday. What a shock!! This is going to take some getting my head around and she was my ONLY friend as well.
I'm so, so sorry.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:57 PM

9,945 posts, read 2,991,742 times
Quote:
I am so sorry you lost your best friend. So very sorry. Hugs.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:51 PM

3,505 posts, read 4,060,173 times
I teared up for you, AZDesertBrat, I am so, so sorry to read this. I hurt for you......my deepest sympathies.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:54 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,020,100 times
Quote:
So sorry to read this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement