U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 07:18 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times

Advertisements

High winds low humidity and temperatures in the 80's forecast today and a high wind warning and red flag fire warning. UGH.

Last edited by jim9251; 04-11-2018 at 07:52 AM..

Old 04-11-2018, 10:59 AM

28,420 posts, read 40,310,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
High winds low humidity and temperatures in the 80's forecast today and a high wind warning and red flag fire warning. UGH.
"Man am I tired of winter".

"Crap! Here comes Spring".

Some years you can't win.

Old 04-11-2018, 01:58 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
"Man am I tired of winter".

"Crap! Here comes Spring".

Some years you can't win.
I don't think I have ever said "I'm tired of winter". It could be snow and 40 degrees all year and I would be happy.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:21 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Quote:
I don't think I have ever said "I'm tired of winter". It could be snow and 40 degrees all year and I would be happy.
Think Alaska, although they do have a summer. Just not much of one.

Wait - I think it gets a lot colder than 40,.

Never mind.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Finally went to have taxes done, (I know, I'm a procrastinator). But, in Minnesota we get a rent credit.

I, of course, didn't owe anything but didn't realize Arizona gives you $25 just because. Two different people tried to help me get my rent credit refund but the system wouldn't 'take' the info. It was really strange because you could see it on the screen but wouldn't show up as a refund.

I finally thanked them for their help & just decided to take the loss. It was only a couple hundred.

Now, if I hadn't put it off I might have been able to have my sister do something but I did. Lesson learned.

It was a good thing I went to them though as I had to report my investment accounts, even though I was still under the limit for owing anything. I didn't realize that as I'd been doing my taxes for the rent credit refund.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:52 PM

28,420 posts, read 40,310,818 times
Quote:
That's not winter. lol

Old 04-11-2018, 05:53 PM

5,453 posts, read 3,543,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

Finally went to have taxes done. But, in Minnesota we get a rent credit.

Two different people tried to help me get my rent credit refund but the system wouldn't 'take' the info. It was really strange because you could see it on the screen but wouldn't show up as a refund.

I finally thanked them for their help & just decided to take the loss. It was only a couple hundred.

I didn't realize that as I'd been doing my taxes for the rent credit refund.
You could mail in your M1PR form. It even goes in a separate envelope to a separate office. (if what you've already done doesn't preclude it)

M1PR being your Minnesota Property Tax Refund for Renters form. I always get $1300 to $1400 property tax refund for renters.

Print the M1PR
Current Year Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter's Property Tax Refund Forms and Instructions

Instructions for the M1PR are in the first PDF listed
Current Year Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter's Property Tax Refund Forms and Instructions

Property Tax Refund

I know you lived in Minnesota the majority of the year 2017, from January 2017 to part of September 2017.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:56 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Think Alaska, although they do have a summer. Just not much of one.

Wait - I think it gets a lot colder than 40,.

Never mind.

Alaska definitely does have a summer. I lived up there through two of them. I lived in Fairbanks and it got up to about 90 some days and the 24/7 daylight can be very disconcerting sometimes. I marveled at the fact that I could drive home from work after 10 PM and see people all over the golf courses and baseball fields. It was hard to sleep sometimes and I had to put poster board on the bedroom windows to make it dark enough. People up there do NOT sleep in summer, I swear. It's not only daylight 24/7 but noisy as all get out! lol The coldest I experienced was -40 the day I flew out in Nov.. I was just sure that plane would never get off the ground.

I worked at a resort that catered to people on cruises and, boy, were they grouchy when they got to us! Then, in the morning, they were STILL grouchy because the daylight kept them from sleeping very well. It was mostly older people too. I always said those cruise people were herded like sheep, fed like pigs and sometimes treated like dogs!

Old 04-11-2018, 06:00 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
It is so hard to hear this. I remember when my best friend was hospitalized & subsequently died. Such a shock. Especially when you don't even get the chance to say goodbye. My friend was in a coma by the time I found out so I didn't get the chance to say goodbye.

It's going to be hard for you for quite a while. Give yourself plenty of time & permission to grieve. It took me years before I got to the point of not crying.

You may want to check out the grief forum. It really helped me after my son's death.

Thanks. It's really hard when things happen out of the blue like that isn't it? Not being able to say goodbye means no closure.

I'm doing 'okay' and glad I had the last two days off. Now, if I could just stop reaching for the phone....

Old 04-11-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
You could mail in your M1PR form. It even goes in a separate envelope to a separate office. (if what you've already done doesn't preclude it)

M1PR being your Minnesota Property Tax Refund for Renters form. I always get $1300 to $1400 property tax refund for renters.

Print the M1PR

Instructions for the M1PR are in the first PDF listed

Property Tax Refund

I know you lived in Minnesota the majority of the year 2017, from January 2017 to part of September 2017.
Thank you! I'll have to print that out & get it mailed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement