U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 09:12 AM

8,309 posts, read 12,066,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
The weather is bright and warm here in Arizona; it would be nice to have some rain...

I hope everyone is having a pleasant day -- mood-wise if not weather-wise!
It's bright & warm here in Miami Beach as well, although we definitely don't need or want any rain. DW & I are spending a week at our condo while we're having a semicircular driveway installed at our house in the city.

Here's what it looks like this morning. The first photo is facing east out onto the beach and beautifil turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The second photo is facing west overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway, Allison Island, and the blue water of Biscayne Bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Chat Thread-20180603_105844.jpg   Chat Thread-20180603_105730.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 09:38 AM

11,195 posts, read 12,670,225 times
Relatives visiting from back east. "Why is it so hot?" "Why is it so windy" "Why is the sky brown?" Glad they're not staying with me!

Oh it's hot because it's June.
It's windy because it's June
Sky is brown from the forest fires...because it's June.

Welcome to Colorado.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:00 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,739,465 times
We made another trip to Legoland this weekend, our annual passes expire in late July. The grandkids absolutely love it there and it’s really tailored to the 3-12 crowd. And Lego maniacs that never grew up.

We went to the water park first and floated a few laps in the lazy river that is circular with a current. The inner tubes are clear and there are giant Lego blocks floating along in the water. Next was a water play area that is just a crazy place with water cannons, all sorts of valves to turn on and squirt and troughs to dump water on people, water slides and a huge yellow bucket at the top that tips when it’s full, soaking everyone below. It’s a massive amount of water. The wave pool was last, just bobbing along on the waves. It was hot and sunny out, so perfect for the water park.

We had ice creams and then did a few rides. They have a new VR roller coaster that was wild! It’s a small roller coaster and we each wore a virtual reality headset. We were immersed in a world with Lego characters on a race course. The ups and downs we saw coming in VR were felt physically with the g force of the coaster. The sensory input was almost too much. I was in a race car at a starting line with Lego characters cheering me on as the ride took off. Lego cows were walking across the course and almost were hit, a pirate ship on wheels came crashing onto the course, eight mummies carrying a pharoah on a litter went running by, a dam broke and blue Lego bricks were crashing all over, then I was in a Lego prop plane and saw the way out was light in a tunnel way far down below..... nooooooooooo!!!! .... it was insane and so much fun! It was great to have a new experience and feel the same excitement and wonder as the grandkids.

The kids stayed for a second day and we came home to let them enjoy family time with just the four of them. We were wiped out after one day of so much fun and sleeping in a bunk bed at the Lego resort.

Last edited by jean_ji; 06-03-2018 at 10:47 AM..

Old 06-03-2018, 11:25 AM

28,400 posts, read 40,283,681 times
There was an earlier discussion about UPS, FedEx, Amazon, and USPS. Today (Sunday) we had a package from Amazon delivered by the Post Office.

I didn't know the Post Office did that.

The crazy part is that I receive text messages regarding delivery. This morning at

4:38am "Expect delivery by Wednesday"
5:37am "Expect delivery by Monday"
8:41am "Out for delivery"
8:41am "Expect delivery on Sunday"
9:57am "Delivered front porch"

In that order.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:12 PM

3,498 posts, read 4,055,279 times
Re: MMB Post #12251. "Hate you"........(jk). Beautiful views, I wouldn't want to leave!

Old 06-03-2018, 05:48 PM

237 posts, read 197,200 times
MMB - OMG that view to the east is beautiful!!!! If you ever put your place on Air B&B, please let me know. Seriously!!

Old 06-03-2018, 06:02 PM

237 posts, read 197,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
My other dog, also hers she left, seems lost. He wanders from room to room and just lays down with his head on his paws.

Last night I was laying on the sofa and he came over layed down and put his head on my leg and looked at me. I could swear he was crying. I sure was. For being a big tough "heartless" sob...I'm not dealing with this well at all.

First: The other dog was likely sensing your distress (in addition to his own) and was doing his best to console you.
Second: "A big tough "heartless" sob crying for his dog" sounds like one heckofa nice guy.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:07 PM

1,642 posts, read 629,711 times
MMoB -- The views are beautiful!!! Enjoy!!! And I know you appreciate each and every day.

Tek-Freek -- Interesting delivery schedule. I am glad the pkg arrived safely. I did not know the USPS delivered on Sunday except for Special Delivery. And I really do not know if there is still such a service!

Jim -- Enjoy your family reunion! Like you said, they are not staying with you, LoL...

Xenah -- I agree with you, re: dog #1 and about Jim

Jean -- You go, girl !!! Make memories !!

Old 06-03-2018, 07:19 PM

11,195 posts, read 12,670,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post

Jim -- Enjoy your family reunion! Like you said, they are not staying with you, LoL...

Indeed...I have 14 (count em 14) nephews and nieces scattered all over the country and they tend to start visiting through the summer.

It's good to see them, and it's good to be able to come home too.

Oh and..."Wait it was 85 just and hour ago why is it 53 and 40mph wind with rain now"?...welcome to Colorado.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:33 PM

352 posts, read 176,455 times
Amazon is keeping the USPS in business basically by contracting with them for deliveries. I know that most Sundays when we receive a package from Amazon is is delivered by the USPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement