U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 10:49 AM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
We did get another storm yesterday but not nearly as much as Wed.. Boy, that was a deluge! I need to contact the city to come look at the street in front of my house. A real ditch is developing out there and messing up my driveway entrance.

Just realized that big storm was Tues., not Wed.. That's what happens when you aren't working, I guess. I don't know what day it is half the time. The other day my daughter was leaving to take one of her grandkids to school and I asked her why she was going to school on Sat.. She said "It's Thurs....".

Old 08-23-2018, 03:01 PM

758 posts, read 502,183 times
Quote:
Just realized that big storm was Tues., not Wed.. That's what happens when you aren't working, I guess. I don't know what day it is half the time. The other day my daughter was leaving to take one of her grandkids to school and I asked her why she was going to school on Sat.. She said "It's Thurs....".
Haha, that has been happening to me too since I retired!

Old 08-23-2018, 06:39 PM

461 posts, read 293,240 times
Thanks for the tip, Lodestar. The coming into your home part is scary.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:51 AM

2,266 posts, read 2,086,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Freezing zucchini is the way to go. At first I did it like you're doing with the cookie sheet, then the freezer bag. But that didn't work out when my freezer was stuffed full so I just sliced the zucchini and put it in the freezer bag. I did sort of flatten out the bag once it was in the freezer but it was flexible so I could drape it over other things. Once it was frozen I fluffed it up and squashed it (no pun intended!) in a convenient corner of the freezer.

Doesn't this cause it to freeze together in a big clump? It does take up a lot of the freezer the way I do it, so an alternative method would be good.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:08 PM

1,269 posts, read 1,144,942 times
Sort of. That's why I try to flatten out the bag when I put them in the freezer initially. They clump a little but they're pretty easy to split apart. I find they tend to stick in clumps of about four or five slices, not one massive big clump. I just take out what I think I'll need and at room temperature they separate easily. I'm going to cook them anyway so once they warm up it's not a problem.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:03 PM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
Rest in Peace, Senator McCain. You were a good man. AZ will miss you.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:24 PM
JRR

3,873 posts, read 2,323,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Yes, I didn't always agree with him on some issues, but was ready to vote for him as president until he named his running mate. Still feel like the country could use a few more like him in Washington these days.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
His place in Cornville is about six miles from me. We'd see him around town now and then. Watched the video of them bringing him into town and couldn't believe what a procession that was. Looked like every law enforcement officer in the county was in it and half the town! I didn't always agree with his politics but he was a good man, yes.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:53 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
He certainly was a hero, in my opinion. I don't know how he survived the horrors he went through.

I could have voted for him but then he chose Sarah as his running mate and I quickly changed my mind.
May he rest in peace. Overall, he was a very good man.

We sure could use more like him these days.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
His place in Cornville is about six miles from me. We'd see him around town now and then. Watched the video of them bringing him into town and couldn't believe what a procession that was. Looked like every law enforcement officer in the county was in it and half the town! I didn't always agree with his politics but he was a good man, yes.

Thinking about this they said that procession was only 90 minutes after he passed. Thinking they must have all been out there already, just waiting. That's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement