U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 12:00 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times

Advertisements

Jim- What is wrong with people!!!!!

Old 10-08-2018, 10:04 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Regarding the horrendous accident near Albany, NY on Saturday afternoon.......
The driver did not have an appropriate license to drive the limo.
The limo itself FAILED inspection last month.

20 people killed. Included were 4 sisters.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:26 AM

4,951 posts, read 4,494,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Went to look at a two bedroom cabin at 8,000 feet in the county I want to live in today AFTER talking to the owner, getting a price and details. No problem with my dog.

Wood floors, nice patio overlooking a mountain range, wood burning heater, on a few acres. I said ok and got the check book out. He said, "oh after talking with the wife, we decided the price would be..." ( which is $300.00 a month more than first given me ).

No, you told me this price. "Well now it's this price. Take it or leave it, there's a list of people wanting this".

I walked off shaking my head.
That sounds maddening, Jim. If there is such a thing as karma, that man will end up with a bunch of meth crazed renters who wreck the place.

I too am enjoying the badly needed rain that is finally falling in Western Colorado. When I glance toward the mountains, those snow topped peaks make me feel filled with glee.

It's good to have something positive happen in what is sure to be a stressful week for me. Tuesday I go to the dentist to have crowns put on two of my teeth. Then Wednesday I have to go in for outpatient surgery to have a skin cancer removed from my back. Apparently they cut off a certain amount of skin and go look at it thru the microscope while I lie there waiting. If needed, they come back and remove another layer of skin, etc until finally no more cancer cells can be found. An acquaintance told me it took 8 hours for her to go through the procedure. YIPES!

Old 10-08-2018, 11:43 AM
JRR

3,873 posts, read 2,323,605 times
Bad day here for us. Just got back from the vet; had to put our big ginger cat to sleep. He was 11 years old and he was with us for 8. Could not have asked for a more pleasant cat. He was my buddy; no matter where I was in the house, he usually was nearby. Really going to miss him. That is the problem with pets; they come with an expiration date and we just don't know when it is. But wouldn't have missed our time with him for anything.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Bad day here for us. Just got back from the vet; had to put our big ginger cat to sleep. He was 11 years old and he was with us for 8. Could not have asked for a more pleasant cat. He was my buddy; no matter where I was in the house, he usually was nearby. Really going to miss him. That is the problem with pets; they come with an expiration date and we just don't know when it is. But wouldn't have missed our time with him for anything.

I am so sorry to read this. How sad. I've had to do this a few times and it never gets easy.

I have a ginger cat (Sam) who is one of the most laid back, affectionate cats I've ever had. So darned sweet. His roommate (GG) is a little female, mute calico, very active. I love to watch them together.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:34 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
That sounds maddening, Jim. If there is such a thing as karma, that man will end up with a bunch of meth crazed renters who wreck the place.

No he will get someone who will pay the rent he wants. That's how things work here.

JRR - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how you feel.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:08 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
JRR, so sorry for your loss. My cat was 5 when she came to live with me. That was a year ago so she's 6 now.

I was looking at her the other day, amazed at how we have meshed together & thinking, 'what will I do when she's gone?'

I know it will be quite a while and we have many years together, still I think of it. I've mainly adopted older cats, the ones nobody wants and I have gone through the grieving process when they're gone. But, I know they had love and care for the time they were with me, which makes it easier to let them go.

I feel for you. I hope you'll remember the good times and know your kitty had and gave love.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:29 PM
JRR

3,873 posts, read 2,323,605 times
Yeah, I'm really going to miss seeing his face in the glass by the front door as I come up the steps. When I would come back from walking, he would be waiting for me.

The cat that we still have is one that we got from the shelter in Florida. She had been there for over a year. They even moved her from one to another hoping that someone would finally adopt her. We asked which cat had been there the longest and really needed a home and they pointed us to her. She was a black cat and was three years old; they said that everyone seems to want colorful marked kittens. She was a project as she spent the first two years living in a bedroom (her safe space). But she finally came around and now is a total lap cat with my wife.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:04 PM

4,951 posts, read 4,494,276 times
So sorry for the loss of your fur face. For whatever reason ginger cats often seem to have the coolest, most laid back personalities. When I lost mine, I cried for days. You have my deepest sympathy.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:47 AM

Jean_ji: Not sure exactly where you are located in FL, tho I believe you are on gulf side. Please be careful with this new storm (Michael). I hope it does not hit you hard. A little rain is OK but the wind that can go with it is sure scary. Take care!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement