U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 02:35 PM
JRR

3,873 posts, read 2,323,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I have my fingers crossed for you both, and I'm sure that the third time WILL be the charm! I am somewhat concerned about my own the skin cancer procedure that is scheduled for tomorrow. This is the second time it has come back and having it excised makes me feel a little like one of those frogs we had to dissect in college. Yuck! Note to self: Rein in that over active imagination!
Fingers crossed that everything goes OK tomorrow for you. My wife sees the plastic surgeon tomorrow morning to get it set up for her surgery. She says that this had better work as she is running our of arm for them to work on.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:01 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Am so sick and tired of these TV ads about the election. Especially Sinema vs. McSally. I can't take it anymore. I have to mute the tv everytime these dumb ads come on. If they think they are getting more votes this way, they should think again. I also think the stations should limit the numbers of ads they are allowed to air. What the ....?

I totally agree with you. I am soooo sick of it all. I guess what aggravates me the most is that they NEVER say what they will DO if elected but just constantly bad mouth one another. We know that a lot of that is for show because heaven forbid they should ever agree on anything but c'mon!! And it isn't just those two but ALL of them. I'll be so glad when Nov. 7th gets here.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:30 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Thanks for thinking of me, NYgal1542! All the action looks to be north of us with rain and wind coming here from the outer bands. Then again Charley in 2004 did an unexpected right hand turn slamming into Punta Gorda, south of us, instead of staying on the forecastís projected track to Tampa. Iíll relax when Michaelís gone past. Right now itís a mix of sun, clouds and some wind.
One sister called to let me know the other sister was okay. I.didn't realize she was in the path of Hurricane Michael. Guess she lost most outbuildings, most trees, a window blew out and no electricity.

She, apparently, decided not to evacuate, but did say it's the scariest situation she's ever been in and will never again not listen when they're advised to evacuate.

I'll have to watch the news to know the extent of the damage by where she lives. I'm not familiar with Florida but she lives in the panhandle by Greenwood.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:47 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
One sister called to let me know the other sister was okay. I.didn't realize she was in the path of Hurricane Michael. Guess she lost most outbuildings, most trees, a window blew out and no electricity.

She, apparently, decided not to evacuate, but did say it's the scariest situation she's ever been in and will never again not listen when they're advised to evacuate.

I'll have to watch the news to know the extent of the damage by where she lives. I'm not familiar with Florida but she lives in the panhandle by Greenwood.
She’s not far from where Michael made landfall. I’m so glad to hear she is alive with all that damage. They aren’t kidding when they say you can rebuild homes, but not lives. I watched ABCNews streaming live coverage on YouTube and they were in the middle of it. The pictures/videos coming out of there before dark were sobering. He’s still at hurricane strength in Georgia right now. This is one for the books.

Isn’t one of the members here in the Destin area too?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:58 PM

8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Got some good news this afternoon. The cancer on my wife's arm has not spread. So she has to get it excised and then immunotherapy for a year. That should do the job. This is her third surgery on the arm, so maybe third time is the charm. We both exhaled a big sigh of relief when we got the news.
Fantastic news!

Old 10-10-2018, 07:01 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
I haven't seen the news yet today. I can only imagine the damage to FL.

Pray for those people. Whether they left or not, they have no doubt lost everything.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:02 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
I had a biopsy on an area next to my nose. Got a call today (I wasn't here to answer, but message was for me to call them tomorrow). So I'm guessing they want me to come back in for more cutting. I've had several spots on my nose and on the arm.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:02 PM

4,951 posts, read 4,494,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
I had a biopsy on an area next to my nose. Got a call today (I wasn't here to answer, but message was for me to call them tomorrow). So I'm guessing they want me to come back in for more cutting. I've had several spots on my nose and on the arm.
Hope all goes well for you!

Old 10-10-2018, 10:47 PM
JRR

3,873 posts, read 2,323,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

I'm glad to hear that your sister if OK. When it comes to hurricanes, I've been there, done that and don't plan on doing it again. And none of them that I went through were as bad as Michael!

Old 10-11-2018, 08:42 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post

Hope you will do well with all this medical stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement