U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 12:53 PM

11,201 posts, read 12,675,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
I just bought one and didn't match a single number either. I can't imagine what one person is going to do with so much money all of a sudden.

I would walk in my bank fill out the deposit slip, then walk over to the real estate office and tell Kari ok let's buy a house in the mountains on a few hundred acres.

Oh and I would fix the brakes on my Jeep.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:00 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Last couple of days have been challenging. Yesterday when I sat on my bed one of the slats fell out and down I went. One of my cats got pretty spooked and ran off to safer places. Since I've had a sore left shoulder (I'm left-handed), I was not looking forward to fixing it. Move the mattress/box springs and make the adjustment and reposition the mattress/springs on them. I'm determined to get a bed without slats.

Then this morning I was sitting up in my bed to see something on the floor, didn't realize how close to the edge I was and when I went to get out of bed, I fell on the floor. My left arm/shoulder took the brunt of that one.
That's all the excitement I want for a while. I need to vacuum, was planning on doing it today.....

Then I opened the door to let Sam out onto the balcony and it was snowing!! He took one look and said no thanks, I'm not going out in that!

Old 10-25-2018, 10:02 AM

Nygal - good day to stay in I think for you. Take care.

Think I'll get a pizza for lunch. If I leave at 11:30 I'll be home with it at 12:45 if traffic isn't bad.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:13 AM

1,645 posts, read 630,703 times
NYGal -- Sorry about your falls! I hope you are okay. We have slats on our beds, too. And yes, every now and then one goes astray. Sounds like a good day to stay inside and enjoy the snow from your window.

Jim -- I wish you had won, so you could go buy your mountain cabin!

A single ticket can possibly have more than one winner. For example, a small group of office mates [like 10] could pool together and agree to split the proceeds. It will be interesting to see who won.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:19 AM

Thank you jim and Holly. I've decided to take your advice and just relax and look out the window. But no snow anymore! OK with me.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:41 PM

Back with my pizza, only took an hour. I am wishing for snow here and lots of it. Maybe in another month or so.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:37 PM

Sounds yummy to me. Enjoy that pizza, Jim.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:27 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,084,981 times
When I was at Costco getting gas today, a large van caught on fire while they were getting gas. It was just two vehicles ahead of me. The car ahead of me, right by the van, and I, backed out of there in a hurry and black smoke was pouring out before we even got to the street. I saw the attendant going toward the van with a small fire extinguisher like we have in homes. I went over in the parking lot near the store and stood there with others watching from a safe distance. It seemed to take forever for the fire truck to get there and there was a wall of fire by then. I was very shaken by this and am not sure I will dare to buy gas there again. It's a very congested crowded place and someone could get trapped in the middle. I hope no one was hurt. The whole thing was totally in flames in such a short time. I had never seen this happen before in many decades of driving and getting gas. Very scary

Old 10-26-2018, 07:03 AM

30,037 posts, read 35,225,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
When I was at Costco getting gas today, a large van caught on fire while they were getting gas. It was just two vehicles ahead of me. The car ahead of me, right by the van, and I, backed out of there in a hurry and black smoke was pouring out before we even got to the street. I saw the attendant going toward the van with a small fire extinguisher like we have in homes. I went over in the parking lot near the store and stood there with others watching from a safe distance. It seemed to take forever for the fire truck to get there and there was a wall of fire by then. I was very shaken by this and am not sure I will dare to buy gas there again. It's a very congested crowded place and someone could get trapped in the middle. I hope no one was hurt. The whole thing was totally in flames in such a short time. I had never seen this happen before in many decades of driving and getting gas. Very scary
Wow that is scary and I know what you mean about potentially getting trapped in line at Costco. If you ever find out what caused the fire please share. Gotta wonder if it was the driver operator or a pump malfunction. Possibly a person smoking while pumping, would love to know.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:37 AM

8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Last couple of days have been challenging. Yesterday when I sat on my bed one of the slats fell out and down I went. One of my cats got pretty spooked and ran off to safer places. Since I've had a sore left shoulder (I'm left-handed), I was not looking forward to fixing it. Move the mattress/box springs and make the adjustment and reposition the mattress/springs on them. I'm determined to get a bed without slats.

Then this morning I was sitting up in my bed to see something on the floor, didn't realize how close to the edge I was and when I went to get out of bed, I fell on the floor. My left arm/shoulder took the brunt of that one.
That's all the excitement I want for a while. I need to vacuum, was planning on doing it today.....

Then I opened the door to let Sam out onto the balcony and it was snowing!! He took one look and said no thanks, I'm not going out in that!

Gads! What a couple of days. Sure hope today is better for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement