U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 06:42 PM

758 posts, read 501,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
I called Costco today and they said it was a mechanical problem with the van and nothing to do with their pumps.
That makes sense. Costco runs a good operation, but it is always very crowded at the gas lines. Good reminder that if something like that happens, get out, even if you have to leave your car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 03:38 AM

17,665 posts, read 21,550,469 times
I've been retired since June and trying to keep track of days is becoming almost humorous. I could have sworn up and down it was Thursday today. I went over to pay my bill at the Nursery today, which charged me for planting a tree, and at 1:30am I wasn't too surprised to see the office was dark/locked. I figured they were out having an extra long lunch hour. So I waited around awhile thinking they'd be back any time, and losing patience, I flagged down someone working in the Nursey to ask when the office staff was returning. Unbelievable! it's Saturday!

I can't believe it how time flies by like a concorde jet when you're retired, finally doing things you really enjoy for a change.

I subscribed to getting just the Saturday and Sunday papers to help keep me oriented, but this morning I didn't look into the newspaper box, next to my mail box, as why? It's not Saturday!

Anyone else lose track of time being retired?

Old 10-28-2018, 07:36 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,350,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've been retired since June and trying to keep track of days is becoming almost humorous. I could have sworn up and down it was Thursday today. I went over to pay my bill at the Nursery today, which charged me for planting a tree, and at 1:30am I wasn't too surprised to see the office was dark/locked. I figured they were out having an extra long lunch hour. So I waited around awhile thinking they'd be back any time, and losing patience, I flagged down someone working in the Nursey to ask when the office staff was returning. Unbelievable! it's Saturday!

I can't believe it how time flies by like a concorde jet when you're retired, finally doing things you really enjoy for a change.

I subscribed to getting just the Saturday and Sunday papers to help keep me oriented, but this morning I didn't look into the newspaper box, next to my mail box, as why? It's not Saturday!

Sounds like you are enjoying retirement. My Scottish Terrier keeps me oriented as to time of day. (She is also my alarm clock). We walk to the mailbox and the mail delivery lets me know if it is Sunday or not. It is true that time flies when you are having fun.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:24 PM

2,907 posts, read 4,627,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Did anyone else get an odd deposit in their account from SS? Checked my account this morning and there's a pending deposit for $81.00. Any idea what that might be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
The more I thought about it I do believe I got something like that last year. Had to do with my still working, or something. Hopefully I'll get a letter in the mail to explain it. Just wondering if anyone else got something similar.
Yep, I did! It's because we're still working...SS makes an adjustment to our monthly payment. I got the deposit before I got the letter. You'll probably get a letter soon too.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:59 AM

8,761 posts, read 9,832,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Yep, I did! It's because we're still working...SS makes an adjustment to our monthly payment. I got the deposit before I got the letter. You'll probably get a letter soon too.

I still haven't got a letter from SS about that deposit. You're right about the annual adjustment and I look forward to it! Last year though my Medicare increase took some of it. In Dec. I will, for sure, get a letter letting me know of any changes so guess I'll just wait and see.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post

The letter came today and you were right. After I thought about it I figured as much. My SS increased by a whole $9 mo. and Part D didn't! Whoo Hoo! I wonder if we will still get the 2% COL increase as well. That would be nice as every dollar counts!

Old 10-31-2018, 09:44 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,019,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

I have. I usually have breakfast on Friday with my son. This morning I texted him asking if he was coming. He texted me back saying "It's Wed. I'm working"

Old 10-31-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
I have. I usually have breakfast on Friday with my son. This morning I texted him asking if he was coming. He texted me back saying "It's Wed. I'm working"

My daughter takes her granddaughter to school every morning. One day she was leaving and I asked her why there was school on Saturday. She just looked at me and said, "It's Thursday". Ooops. And I'm not even retired! I am unemployed though and, yep, I lose track of the days.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:02 PM

11,195 posts, read 12,670,225 times
Went to Walmart this morning, they changed the entire store layout around. People were wandering around like zombies, one lady was sitting on the floor having a total meltdown. Oh and with all the self service lanes ONE checker working.

My quick 20 minute shopping trip took over an hour.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:48 PM

4,865 posts, read 3,374,876 times
Yikes, a meltdown?
I was out driving today and saw a man sitting in a driveway looking befuddled. Not a residential area, more business/industrial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement