U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 09:30 AM
JRR

3,873 posts, read 2,323,605 times

Advertisements

Got to say that I really love this time of year. This is what I see when I look out of the window of my office.

Chat Thread-img_0860-469-.jpg

Got to click twice on the image to get it rightside up

Old 11-03-2018, 02:58 PM
JRR

The cats got accidentally introduced to each other earlier today. Door to the bedroom didn't get shut tight. When I walked by it and saw that it was partially open, I braced for the worst. Opened it and saw Cassie sitting on the floor looking at the bed and Cindy Lou was up on the bed looking back. No noises, no fluffed out fur. When I walked in Cassie looked at me, walked out and meowed for me to follow to go play with the laser. You never know with cats, but it gives me hope that they might get along.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:32 PM

3,505 posts, read 4,060,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Got to say that I really love this time of year. This is what I see when I look out of the window of my office.

Attachment 204456

Got to click twice on the image to get it rightside up
Beautiful day, nice neighborhood, beautiful shot. I'd love this view.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:13 PM

1,353 posts, read 867,042 times
I'm so mad at myself. I added an appointment to my phone's calendar for tonight but I only used "hp" to describe it. Now I can't remember what "hp" stands for! It's bothering me so much, I woke up three different times last night trying to remember what it's for.

Note to self: Don't use cryptic notes because you can no longer remember what you mean!

Old 11-05-2018, 03:08 PM

758 posts, read 502,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post

Attachment 204456
Lovely fall colors you have there!

Old 11-05-2018, 03:13 PM

1,165 posts, read 460,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
Lovely fall colors you have there!
I love this time of the year. It means we survived another summer in the desert. I think I heard our A/C “sigh” the other day.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:08 PM

758 posts, read 502,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
I love this time of the year. It means we survived another summer in the desert. I think I heard our A/C “sigh” the other day.
Haha, exactly!

Old 11-05-2018, 08:10 PM
JRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
I got our electric bill today for last month and it was $92. Sure makes a difference when the A/C is on hiatus.

The surgery on my wife's arm is tomorrow morning so we went on a ride today as she may be under the weather for a few days. Went up on the plateau to Crossville, got some beautiful Golden Delicious and Rome apples. Stopped at a country store for lunch and bought some fresh baked sourdough bread and apple cinnamon bread. Came back home on a back road with little traffic and beautiful fall colors. Reminded us of being up on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the autumn. Gone about three hours; just a nice little jaunt.

We had a piece of the chocolate cake this evening that I made the other day for my wife's birthday. It was from a recipe that I found called Best Chocolate Cake Recipe Ever. It sure did live up to the name. Nice and moist with a very good chocolate flavor.

Heading to bed soon. A friend of ours is having surgery tomorrow and his wife doesn't drive. So I am getting up at 4:30 AM to take him over to the hospital, then I'll come home and doze in the recliner for a bit before getting my wife to the plastic surgeon at 9. All that along with the election should make for an interesting day.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:06 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Yesterday I had a basal cell skin cancer removed from my face next to my nose. 20 stitches on top, 15 underneath. Bruised, battered, and some pain. But I'm alive and able to eat and drink.

I sure look a mess tho.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:47 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,568,407 times
Wow! I don't think that I have ever had that many stitches for basal cell removal and the ones on my shins were rather large. I hope that it is not too painful and that they gave you something and you can sleep at night. One problem with skin cancers on my lower extremeties was that my blood circulation was not as good in that area and I ended up with infections and had to take antibiotics. Maybe not a problem with ones on the face.

On another matter, I have not seen any posts from mathjak lately and searched and could not find anything for a month. Hope my search was just faulty although I did it twice. Nevermind! There is a mathjak107 and a mathjak1O7 and my weak eyes have a hard time telling the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement