U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2018, 08:59 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times

Advertisements

Reviewing my new trail cam footage from the weekend. Saw coyotes, a bear, 4 deer, a stray dog, and two guys with rifles walking down my drive in the middle of the night.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:34 AM

1,959 posts, read 1,029,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Reviewing my new trail cam footage from the weekend. Saw coyotes, a bear, 4 deer, a stray dog, and two guys with rifles walking down my drive in the middle of the night.

what kind of set up do you have, Jim? I would like to see the wildlife in my yard..... hopefully a little less exciting than yours

There is an inexpensive Tasco that I am considering. It gets good reviews but seems too good to be true for the price .

Old 11-19-2018, 11:39 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Don't know what kind since it was given to me, I didn't see any brand name on it. Seems to work well.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:55 PM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
I've been under the weather for a while now. Three separate things, two of which have been very painful.

Woke up to a lot of snow on the ground. My car is blocked in and think I'll have to wait till it melts.

So this is winter, huh? The part I don't like. Glad there is a full tank of gas in my car.

I haven't dropped in here for a while but I'll be getting that basal skin cancer surgery Dec. 4. Was supposed to be in Oct but I was sick.

My neighbor had it on his face like NYgal but mine is on one arm and a leg. They already dug it out and biopsied it back in July. Wish I could have had the actual surgery sooner.

I keep thinking after Christmas there will be time to relax!
I tend to get sressed out at this time of the year.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:24 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I haven't dropped in here for a while but I'll be getting that basal skin cancer surgery Dec. 4. Was supposed to be in Oct but I was sick.

My neighbor had it on his face like NYgal but mine is on one arm and a leg. They already dug it out and biopsied it back in July. Wish I could have had the actual surgery sooner.

I keep thinking after Christmas there will be time to relax!
I tend to get sressed out at this time of the year.

This is a hard time of year for so many people for different reasons. I'm so glad I am off that roller coaster.

Mine was on my face three times, on my nose, chin, and recently next to my nose. The site looks awful, of course, but the stuff I put on it makes it look better every day. I was told to put Vaseline on it at least twice per day.

I know you have reasons, but if there is a way to get it taken care of sooner than January, I hope you will do it. You probably know but when they remove some of it to be sent for biopsy, they don't cut the whole thing out. So after the biopsy is taken, you can still have it. For the times I've had it, the actual surgery is done about a week later.
I know I'm being painfully insistent, but please don't let it go. Get it done!!

Old 11-19-2018, 11:44 PM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
This is a hard time of year for so many people for different reasons. I'm so glad I am off that roller coaster.

Mine was on my face three times, on my nose, chin, and recently next to my nose. The site looks awful, of course, but the stuff I put on it makes it look better every day. I was told to put Vaseline on it at least twice per day.

I know you have reasons, but if there is a way to get it taken care of sooner than January, I hope you will do it. You probably know but when they remove some of it to be sent for biopsy, they don't cut the whole thing out. So after the biopsy is taken, you can still have it. For the times I've had it, the actual surgery is done about a week later.
I know I'm being painfully insistent, but please don't let it go. Get it done!!
Oh that sounds brutal, having it on your face. I hope you heal fast!

I had to wait a long time to see a surgeon after the biopsy by a dermatologist. Then I was sick in bed on day of surgery. Going Dec 4 now. Kind of scary.

The holidays will never be like most of us remember. Whether we like it or not, the stores will be jammed . People have mixed feelings about this time of year.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:22 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times
An ice storm hit this area on Thursday and much of the county was without power. Mine went out at 9:30 am and wasn't restored until about 6:30 pm last night. It was 104 hours without power and there are still a few remote homes in the dark. Was it an inconvenience? Yes. But I found myself thinking about all the folks in Paradise who have lost loved ones, homes, businesses and most of all a community. So being without electricity for a short while ain't so bad. Lots and lots of trees down and the tree service guys have been working so hard to clear roads of all the downed limbs and whole trees. Crews came from out of state to get us all back up and running again and there are signs all around giving thanks to all the workers who put in long hours in the cold.

What was most annoying was the number of times that I reached for the light switch out of habit, only to realize that the power was still out. The lids are back on the toilet tanks, no need to manually refill them (the well doesn't pump without those magic electrons flowing). A hot shower was wonderful and the temp in freezer full of food out in the garage had only risen to 16 degrees from its usual zero so no food lost. Now to get started on the backlog of laundry and set the dishwasher to run overnight.

The dogs are happy that they can have some popcorn once again.

The whole thing didn't seem that stressful but I am feeling absurdly tired today and will probably take a little nap this afternoon.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:56 AM

5,775 posts, read 8,905,607 times
Quote:
I have no idea what any of that means.
I was referring to this comment.

Quote:
I would have to caulk every single wall, window frames, doors. The landlord refuses to do anything, and I'm not spending any more money.
Since you may not have big box retailers that are convenient you could send me the name/location of a hardware store nearby and I could mail money on your behalf. I'm talking about $20-25 which is an amount I wouldn't even miss. So what if that's not enough for the whole cabin - just start with the windy-est side.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:23 AM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
Kind gesture?? I don't know but I doubt Jim is ready to accept your charity. Maybe I am wrong.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:48 AM

1,959 posts, read 1,029,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I was referring to this comment.

Since you may not have big box retailers that are convenient you could send me the name/location of a hardware store nearby and I could mail money on your behalf. I'm talking about $20-25 which is an amount I wouldn't even miss. So what if that's not enough for the whole cabin - just start with the windy-est side.

I'm a fan of the big blue tarps myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement