U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 12:33 PM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times

Advertisements

Oh my, Jean: I am so glad you didn't have to do puppy CPR !!! I guess dogs naturally know how to dog paddle, right? Would love to see more pics of Georgy Girl when you have them ! What a great dog you have.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:21 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,983 times
Dogs being able to swim isnít a given, but most Springers tend to like water. Iím glad she didnít sink.

Oh dear, AZgarden, thatís like asking for pics of grandkids. The only thing cuter is the pic of two day old chicks my son texted me today. I see eggs in my future.

Hereís Georgy with our shy tabby, Prunes. Her name is Prudence, but the grandkidís couldnít say it as toddlers, so Prunes it is. She hangs out in DHís office/grandkidís playroom.

Chat Thread-611c0c24-ccd9-4089-825b-1d8fbb4e7244.jpeg

Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 PM

3,551 posts, read 1,743,298 times
LOL look at their faces. Both of them are thinking "Aw gee Mom we're not doing anything. We're so INNOCENT". Wonder what they were caught plotting when you snuck up on them and took a photo.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:04 PM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
Thanks Jean ! Both are so very cute !

Old 01-24-2019, 11:04 AM

3,551 posts, read 1,743,298 times
So, we're finally putting away the Christmas tree lights, and my husband has decided to put them up in a few places around the house, mostly little rooms like the bathroom and the laundry room. He says it's something fun and festive to get us through the winter, plus they use less electricity than the regular lights.

I have to agree they're fun!

But now he's gotten me curious... is that true that Christmas lights really use up very little electricity?Anyone know?

At any rate, three cheers for my husband for doing something so fun and cheerful while I'm home sick. That's really the important thing But I was curious if the electricity thing was true.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
So, we're finally putting away the Christmas tree lights, and my husband has decided to put them up in a few places around the house, mostly little rooms like the bathroom and the laundry room. He says it's something fun and festive to get us through the winter, plus they use less electricity than the regular lights.

I have to agree they're fun!

But now he's gotten me curious... is that true that Christmas lights really use up very little electricity?Anyone know?

At any rate, three cheers for my husband for doing something so fun and cheerful while I'm home sick. That's really the important thing But I was curious if the electricity thing was true.
If you have LED lights, yes. This is a good article on it:
https://www.christmasdesigners.com/b...as-lights-use/

It was so dark after Christmas a few years ago and we decided to put up a string of Christmas lights and then replaced that with a string of LED seed lights on the lanai. What a difference it makes.

You have a thoughtful husband.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:13 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
jean_ji: Your picture is a treat for these sore eyes. I chuckled when I saw their faces. The expression on Prunes (love the name) face cracked me up. Cats seem so expressive. I never have to wonder what GG or Sam is thinking....... usually ticked off (about what? who knows).

Thank you.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:15 AM

758 posts, read 502,183 times
Such adorable fur babies, Jean! Love the pic!

Old 01-28-2019, 08:12 AM

Yesterday was rainy all day, with the high in the mid 50’s, we turned the heat on for the first time in four years. The forecast is cooler for the week, finally going into the low 70’s by Friday.

The kids and grandkids went to Busch Gardens and had the place to themselves with very few people venturing out yesterday. They had on warm clothes, rain ponchos and a change of clothes and enjoyed having a long tour of the animal hospital and exhibits with no crowds. Given a choice of a very rainy day inside with two kids or out in the weather at Busch Gardens, I probably would have gone too.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:29 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Just got an update on Minnesota weather from family. Brrr. Record cold temperatures forecast along with warnings.

Glad I moved to Arizona. I feel for my Minnesota family and friends. Hopefully everyone stays inside in their well insulated warm homes.

It does make me think though, about when I worked at a homeless shelter and the shelter disobeyed the law and put too many people on floors, cots, whatever was available. We were never caught but bet we saved a lot of lives during that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement