U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,609,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Charity begins at home. We need the royalties to pay for our nursing homes. I need a single room.
LOL.

We could start an investment club. Buy a few shares of some stock or mutual fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM

30,033 posts, read 35,213,259 times
Quote:
Well I'm December and doubt I'd be on a motorcycle in New England then. But it's an idea for City Data to consider. I'd want to be paid for my photo, of course, and have royalties. And there would be all kinds of disclaimers, like I'm in the midst of losing weight, my hair is really my natural color, and name and place to be undisclosed. I wouldn't want the Paparazzi after me, lol.
I have no doubt it would be your inner charisma and inner beauty that would dominate the picture. The actual outer revelation would only help to frame your many thoughts and posts.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Well I'm December and doubt I'd be on a motorcycle in New England then. But it's an idea for City Data to consider. I'd want to be paid for my photo, of course, and have royalties. And there would be all kinds of disclaimers, like I'm in the midst of losing weight, my hair is really my natural color, and name and place to be undisclosed. I wouldn't want the Paparazzi after me, lol.
Oh, I don't know . . . a little red Elf outfit might be cute . . . snow all around . . . you revving up that motorcycle.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I don't know but, I'll take the ocean...
Then again, maybe with my two baby shih tzus. Well, there is also my three wonderful girls.
Cute idea.
Do you know that Walgreens makes calendars very quickly. Also, many online sites, but I've found cost wise the drug stores are the least expensive and quick.
Ok, now tell me this was just a joke.
Heck, no - we should do it.

You could be walking on the beach, with your sweet furkids!!!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,161,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingduo View Post
Please do!!

ME TOO!!!!

Heeheehee....I'm working up the nerve. I may opt instead to DM you the photo IF (1) you promise not to laugh and DM each other with your comments (2) you do not send or post this anywhere, ever.

The photo definitely shows another side of me and blows my three current covers a dignified New England lady with high-class Italian (Milan, Gucci, Ferrari) and French (all the best) taste, a backwoods bumpkin living in a cabin, and a beachcomber turning out best-sellers on a laptop on top of a dune. In retirement I actually have time for these.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I have no doubt it would be your inner charisma and inner beauty that would dominate the picture. The actual outer revelation would only help to frame your many thoughts and posts.
Tuborg, you are such a poet. Really.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Heeheehee....I'm working up the nerve. I may opt instead to DM you the photo IF (1) you promise not to laugh and DM each other with your comments (2) you do not send or post this anywhere, ever.

The photo definitely shows another side of me and blows my three current covers a dignified New England lady with high-class Italian (Milan, Gucci, Ferrari) and French (all the best) taste, a backwoods bumpkin living in a cabin, and a beachcomber turning out best-sellers on a laptop on top of a dune. In retirement I actually have time for these.
I hope to be on your send list.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:17 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,161,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The actual outer revelation would only help to frame your many thoughts and posts.
It sure would.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Tuborg, you are such a poet. Really.
Poets can only capture in words what others have created. Remember only God can make a tree.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:

The photo definitely shows another side of me and blows my three current covers – a dignified New England lady with high-class Italian (Milan, Gucci, Ferrari) and French (all the best) taste, a backwoods bumpkin living in a cabin, and a beachcomber turning out best-sellers on a laptop on top of a dune. In retirement I actually have time for these.
I am sure you saw the movie, "Julia" with Jane Fonda and Vanessa Redgrave.

You can be Jane Fonda (a spiffed up Lillian Hellman) in the cottage on the beach, writing . . . my memory goes back to that little house in the dunes so often . . . I have been hunting for that house for decades, but alas . . . I think none exists since all the development that occurred along shorelines after the 60s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement