U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2019, 05:22 PM

10,851 posts, read 8,203,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Any thoughts? Would you ring the bell? Did you?
My mom rang the bell, as did many others in the center where she rec'd treatment. Mom looked forward to doing it.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:34 PM

3,551 posts, read 1,743,298 times
OK, you're convincing me. Tomorrow morning, around 11:30, it'll be time for ding! ding! ding! ding! ding! And maybe even a picnic on the beach. Should be a nice day to be outside.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:12 PM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
Good for You !!! Ring it real loud too !!!

Old 04-03-2019, 07:20 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Dreamed last night I was drowning. Reaching for the surface and sinking deeper. An arm reached down and I was pulled up and saved by...the president of Canada.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:38 AM

1,645 posts, read 631,336 times
Wow, Jim. What a dream!

One time, about 38 years ago, I went to a dream interpretation class held by the Pastor. He was "into" dreams himself, having survived, along with his father, a 2-person fatality auto crash when he was about 12 years old. Perhaps he had nightmares and PTSD. It was an interesting class.....but it was a long time ago and I do not remember what I learned, except that some dreams may symbolize things. The only thing I know is that sometimes I have had a dream of being in a tornado [I was raised in Illinois] and that is usually when I have a lot of stressful things going on. But I always wake up!

Old 04-03-2019, 12:30 PM

And I don't even know who the president of Canada is! But I appreciate him saving my life.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:44 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
And I don't even know who the president of Canada is! But I appreciate him saving my life.

It could be an omen. The way our country is going, could be a good thing.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:17 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Wow, Jim. What a dream!

One time, about 38 years ago, I went to a dream interpretation class held by the Pastor. He was "into" dreams himself, having survived, along with his father, a 2-person fatality auto crash when he was about 12 years old. Perhaps he had nightmares and PTSD. It was an interesting class.....but it was a long time ago and I do not remember what I learned, except that some dreams may symbolize things. The only thing I know is that sometimes I have had a dream of being in a tornado [I was raised in Illinois] and that is usually when I have a lot of stressful things going on. But I always wake up!

For years I never remembered any dreams ten seconds after waking up. I'm still like that. The ones I did remember, and paid attention to, were the ones I had over and over. I always figured those dreams were 'trying to tell me something'. One let me know I needed to quit my job, another was about trying to find a home for me and my kids...single mom of four...and one was about being too trusting of other people. Those were the ones I 'analyzed' and looked for reasons/solutions. Once they were taken care of I never had those dreams again.

One weird thing about dreams is that I've dreamed something and then actually had it happen at a later date. Only a few times in a lifetime but weird just the same.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:25 AM

3,551 posts, read 1,743,298 times
I remember fragments, mostly details such as what a room looks like (not so much the details of what happens in a dream).

Re: having dreams come true. Not sure I really believe in it, but OTOH I've had dreams where I was walking around a specific place, and then a few years later I suddenly find myself at that place. I can't really account for why that would happen.

What really strikes me as strange is it doesn't seem to have any meaning. It's not like anything in the dream is trying to tell me something.

For example, one time I dreamed I was walking in a science fair in a distinctive auditorium. Years later I was visiting a college campus with a friend, and we happened to walk into a building that had an auditorium with a science fair going on. And that room had the same distinctive features, and exhibits laid out in the same way as in my dream. So, we walked around the science fair a little bit and left. End of story. Not in any way a life-changing moment worth sending a vision from the future. Yet for some reason my brain decided to store that dream for future reference. Weird.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:19 AM

As I said in a previous "dream" post, I usually dream I am in green grass, trees and surrounded by people. Probably because I live in dirt surrounded by cactus and the only people I see or talk to is when I drive to town twice a month to buy groceries.

Last night I dreamt a guy was handing out wads of cash, and celebrities and politicians were standing in line being handed stacks of bills. I held my hand out and was given $20 and told to stay in my place.

Was awakened at 4am with someone shooting a rifle near me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement