U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 02:33 AM

3,551 posts, read 1,743,298 times

Advertisements

Up in the middle of the night due to itching eyes from the heavy pollen.

Time to ponder life's questions. Like I can't believe health food stores sell pine pollen. And it ain't cheap, my friends. I hear they want $24. For a container of pine pollen!

Do people really buy this? And if it's such a super nutrient how come I'm not getting any benefit from the huge amounts I seem to be inhaling? I guess you're supposed to eat it, but even so you'd think my body would be absorbing it.

Meanwhile, I have more than enough here that I would gladly give away for free!

Old 04-15-2019, 02:40 AM

I wonder if I should just leave out some containers? In a week I'll have enough to bottle my own and I can make a small fortune. Right?

Old 04-15-2019, 08:21 AM

198 posts, read 57,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
I wonder if I should just leave out some containers? In a week I'll have enough to bottle my own and I can make a small fortune. Right?

You would have a great brand name.... Piney Creek Pollen

Old 04-15-2019, 08:33 AM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Have you tried local honey? I haven't here but did in Minnesota.NOTHING worked for me there though.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:03 AM

6,096 posts, read 9,651,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Up in the middle of the night due to itching eyes from the heavy pollen.

Time to ponder life's questions. Like I can't believe health food stores sell pine pollen. And it ain't cheap, my friends. I hear they want $24. For a container of pine pollen!

Do people really buy this? And if it's such a super nutrient how come I'm not getting any benefit from the huge amounts I seem to be inhaling? I guess you're supposed to eat it, but even so you'd think my body would be absorbing it.

Meanwhile, I have more than enough here that I would gladly give away for free!
No takers here. We have enough of our own from our wildflower superbloom!

My pharmacist scoffed when I asked her if I could take Claritin together with Flonase, "You don't need *both* of those!". When I told my GP, my GP laughed at the pharmacist (apparently has seen plenty of allergy-gone-wild patients) and said to go ahead and add Claritin if I needed it.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:44 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Ah I remember pollen when I lived in Arkansas. Would seep it with a broom, my cars were yellow from the stuff. Now I have dust and dirt everywhere, but at least I don't sneeze.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Have you tried local honey? I haven't here but did in Minnesota.NOTHING worked for me there though.

Local honey counteracts pollen? Not sure if that post is part of the pollen topic or a new topic, but if it's part of the pollen topis I'll go get some pronto! Virginia has outstanding honey and it's not expensive here. Lots of local vendors.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevv View Post
You would have a great brand name.... Piney Creek Pollen

ha ha. Actually, piney creek is the name of a WBurg neighborhood, so it actually would be a great name for a local product.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:22 AM

1,645 posts, read 631,336 times
Sorry to hear your allergies are kicking up, Piney Creek. That is definitely no fun.

We have a great big Afgan pine tree on our property and it is shedding many of it's baby pine cones that did not develop into cones. The ground is littered with them. My husband swept them all off our front patio Saturday but there are more already.

I am going to take an allergy pill myself today.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:37 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,983 times
Along with pollen, we have air potato vines that can grow 8 inches in a day and they are popping up all over on one side of our cleared lot. I put in a request for beetles that love to chew on them that I can pick up at the local extension office, if it’s approved. For now it’s digging and getting rid of the tubers.

We planted five wax myrtles, a Red Cedar and two Jamaican Capers in that area, so while I’m watering them every day for three weeks, I’m can do battle with the vines. I think I may have found a new seasonal gig for the next few years. This stuff didn’t appear overnight and won’t be gone overnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement