U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 01:56 PM

3,551 posts, read 1,835,694 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure I'd really want a monkey to fly up to me and hand out cotton candy, anyway. Too sweet, too sticky, and probably drooled on by the monkey.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:03 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,838,143 times
Meo, I’m glad you were proactive and didn’t ignore the symptoms. Best wishes for the stent and quitting cigarettes!

Old 04-26-2019, 10:50 PM

1,688 posts, read 679,705 times
meo -- Yes, having a stent is pretty routine these days, and I hope you will do fine. I had mine put in at 54 and was in the hospital anyway. I remember having to lie still for quite a while with a heavy weight over my groin where they went in the vein. No big deal. Hopefully you will feel better after you get it put in. Good luck!

Old 04-27-2019, 08:29 AM

5,389 posts, read 3,758,708 times
Thanks Hollyhock. Ya, I think it's fairly routine. I did have one put in when I was 55 or so. It was routine until the nurse sat me up too soon and it started bleeding.

Either she didn't know what to do or it scared her because she called for the head nurse and started 'fisting' my vein. I ended up staying the night. It all worked out in the end.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:07 AM

30,456 posts, read 35,700,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I blame myself. My life isn't exactly rainbows unicorns and flying monkeys handing out cotton candy. I'll stop posting.
No not you at all. You are just sharing and it is your life and others are interested. I was referring to those who want to rain on others sunshine or find a way to make a thread negative.
Not you or anyone else having a down time and sharing.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,714,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post

Kroger and Target deliver by mail. They have a deal of free shipping and 15% off on your first order. I ordered canned goods I won't use them without a deal but I'm sure there are others out there.
Walmart.com has lots of groceries to order by mail too. I use them all the time for canned goods and items in jars (artichokes, Mezzetta roasted red peppers, Mezzetta kalamata olives, green olives, cannellini beans, Progresso lentil soup etc).

(Walmart.com/groceries https://grocery.walmart.com also has a new delivery service for all groceries which comes directly from your local Walmart including fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, fresh meat - but I'm talking about Walmart.com long-time delivery by FedEx or UPS - $35 & above orders ship for free)

Old 04-28-2019, 09:32 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,038,023 times
Was reading on FB that my cousin had a heart attack yesterday. He is doing ok. He is ICU because there are no open rooms. He is the one that was shot last November. I don't see him embracing a healthier lifestyle. He likes his booze, dope and cigarettes

Old 04-28-2019, 10:12 PM

1,388 posts, read 899,895 times
Got a Federal check and stared at it trying to figure it out. Finally noticed "jury duty" but kept staring at the amount. Think they've grossly overpaid me and not sure how to contact them. Of course, it was just a check without any explanation of how they computed the amount. I computed the hotel reimbursement, mileage, incidentals amount and a day of jury pay (even though I wasn't selected, I did spend the whole day there) and I don't come even close to what they sent.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you do?

Old 04-29-2019, 12:05 AM

10,969 posts, read 8,391,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
Got a Federal check and stared at it trying to figure it out. Finally noticed "jury duty" but kept staring at the amount. Think they've grossly overpaid me and not sure how to contact them. Of course, it was just a check without any explanation of how they computed the amount. I computed the hotel reimbursement, mileage, incidentals amount and a day of jury pay (even though I wasn't selected, I did spend the whole day there) and I don't come even close to what they sent.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you do?
Wow, this was a federal check? Is the federal govt always this generous to jurors?

I'd deposit the check but not plan on spending it for a long time (a year at least) in case they come asking for reimbursement.

That's what I did eons ago when my & DH's medical employers' insurance plans double paid on my medical bill.
When I called them, they said to mail them a personal check for the difference. DH & I said, "uh-huh, like they'll correctly handle it and credit us (not) when they get our reimbursement check."
So we opted to hold the funds until they asked for reimbursement, at which time we would pay them promptly. They never asked. Our conscience is clear because we did inform them of the over payment.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:16 AM

10,969 posts, read 8,391,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I blame myself. My life isn't exactly rainbows unicorns and flying monkeys handing out cotton candy. I'll stop posting.
We all need to vent and speaking only for myself, it's ok that you come here instead of starting a new thread every time things go south for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement