Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 04:55 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It only got to 101 today, went up to my new digs 78 there, sat outside at a small café enjoying a coconut cream pie and a cold glass of milk, fellow I sort of know joined me. He mentioned he was going up to cut firewood, `oh did I need any for the new place.

Probably, how much? Oh I enjoy cutting wood, no charge. Wait? You ENJOY...?

So I'll have 3 cords of firewood waiting for me when I move in in August. I did offer a case of beer (doesn't drink) so I'll grill a steak after I get settled. Deal.

Wow.
Wow is right Jim! Isn't it amazing how when some places just AGREE with you and everything just goes effortlessly?! Very happy for you.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:48 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,110,038 times
Quote:
It only got to 101 today, went up to my new digs 78 there, sat outside at a small café enjoying a coconut cream pie and a cold glass of milk, fellow I sort of know joined me. He mentioned he was going up to cut firewood, `oh did I need any for the new place.

Probably, how much? Oh I enjoy cutting wood, no charge. Wait? You ENJOY...?

So I'll have 3 cords of firewood waiting for me when I move in in August. I did offer a case of beer (doesn't drink) so I'll grill a steak after I get settled. Deal.

Wow.

This makes me feel great, Jim. You waited a long time, put up with a lot of poop, and what is meant for you is finally here. Congratulations Jim. Patience is not easy, but it worked for you.

You are definitely one of the good guys. And it sounds like you made a nice friend today.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:55 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,377,712 times
My wife and SIL are on their sister trip to AZ. It'll be me and the animals until the 23rd.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:59 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,052,256 times
Tell them to bring water. It's going to be 113 in Phx on Thursday !!!

Old 07-08-2019, 09:00 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times
Wandered over to the new house today, it's empty previous owner gone. Real Estate agent showed up "What are YOU doing here!" Um just wandering around. "NO! You are not allowed here until the first!"

But no one's here, I was just looking at stuff. "NO you cannot be here until the first! You have to leave!" I mean really got upset.

When I asked her why I was informed "It's the RULES!" Oh real estate rules gosh can't break those. Stupid.

Anyway when she was sure I left, and she did, I went back and set up a security camera.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:33 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,110,038 times
^^^^^^^^^ Geeze, I've never heard of that before. I hope this isn't a bad sign.

Glad you put up the security camera.

Good luck with everything.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:28 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post

I thought it was a bit strange, his agent not mine (who is my niece and did everything for $1). I remember when I had a home built in Arkansas I was there every day watching the progress. No one cared, there was this stupid "handing over the keys" ceremony at the title office which I thought was a bit strange. Maybe it's a Colorado thing, who knows.

Well she can't do anything, papers signed, check in the owners pocket, she got her commission which came from the owner not me. I'll call my agent later to see what the big deal is.

Going trout fishing today at my favorite spot only 10,600 feet elevation.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:31 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,689,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post

It sounds like the sale has not closed yet. Owner vacancy doesn’t mean the person who will buy it has access to the property. Closing the sale does that. If it already closed, maybe there was some clause specifying a delayed date of possession?

This could probably have been worked out nicely by asking the agent to contact the existing owner and get permission to be on the grounds (not inside the house).

Old 07-09-2019, 11:28 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,944,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
This could probably have been worked out nicely by asking the agent to contact the existing owner and get permission to be on the grounds (not inside the house).
I wouldn't be nice to anyone who yelled at me, especially a person who does business with the general public and relies on word of mouth.

My question is: What a coincidence she happened to show up just then. Or was it? What was HER reason for being there?

Old 07-09-2019, 04:35 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,689,638 times
Quote:
I thought it was a bit strange, his agent not mine (who is my niece and did everything for $1). I remember when I had a home built in Arkansas I was there every day watching the progress. No one cared, there was this stupid "handing over the keys" ceremony at the title office which I thought was a bit strange. Maybe it's a Colorado thing, who knows.

Well she can't do anything, papers signed, check in the owners pocket, she got her commission which came from the owner not me. I'll call my agent later to see what the big deal is.

Going trout fishing today at my favorite spot only 10,600 feet elevation.
Good idea. When we sold our last house, the title company received all necessary papers on a Friday, but the closing (and key transfer) was on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement