U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 12:10 PM

8,764 posts, read 9,839,747 times

Advertisements

I've wanted another cat, or two, since I lost my Dakota last year but the adoption fees are high and I couldn't afford a couple hundred dollars. So, this weekend one of the shelters was having a 'special' for only $17 each! I jumped on it and now I'm "Mom" to two of the cutest, jet black kitties. A boy and a girl that were rescued from a home involved in a forest fire recently. They are about 3 or 4 mos. old.

Bo is the boy and he's a little pistol! Into, onto, everything! Curious, nosey and follows you everywhere. He (sorta) slept with me last night but mostly wanted to play. On the bed, off the bed, back on the bed and all over me! Finally got to sleep but he decided it was play time again at 3:30 AM. His sister, temp name Princess, is scared and shy still but at least she finally came out of the carrier. They both have some health issues but nothing serious. Bo has an eye infection, nearly healed, and Princess is having breathing problems. Have meds for both and they go to the vet tomorrow. Both have all shots, except Rabies, and both neutered so that's one expense I won't have.

It's been a long time without a furbaby and I'm gonna enjoy these two. Strictly indoor cats but they already know where the food, water and litter box are. I guess I just missed all the hair and litter all over the place. lol

Old 08-19-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Not a loose gas cap, I checked. Anyway, I have a warranty, so bill away dealership. I saw a new Jeep there for a mere $92,000. I would be scared to drive it out of the parking lot.

I cannot believe how expensive vehicles are anymore.

My 'change oil soon' light comes on so guess I better do that!

Old 08-19-2019, 01:29 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I've wanted another cat, or two, since I lost my Dakota last year but the adoption fees are high and I couldn't afford a couple hundred dollars. So, this weekend one of the shelters was having a 'special' for only $17 each! I jumped on it and now I'm "Mom" to two of the cutest, jet black kitties. A boy and a girl that were rescued from a home involved in a forest fire recently. They are about 3 or 4 mos. old.

Bo is the boy and he's a little pistol! Into, onto, everything! Curious, nosey and follows you everywhere. He (sorta) slept with me last night but mostly wanted to play. On the bed, off the bed, back on the bed and all over me! Finally got to sleep but he decided it was play time again at 3:30 AM. His sister, temp name Princess, is scared and shy still but at least she finally came out of the carrier. They both have some health issues but nothing serious. Bo has an eye infection, nearly healed, and Princess is having breathing problems. Have meds for both and they go to the vet tomorrow. Both have all shots, except Rabies, and both neutered so that's one expense I won't have.

It's been a long time without a furbaby and I'm gonna enjoy these two. Strictly indoor cats but they already know where the food, water and litter box are. I guess I just missed all the hair and litter all over the place. lol
That was my only real criteria for an apartment, to be able to have a cat. I couldn't have one at my old apartment and really missed having one. Congrats on getting yours.

As for the oil, I believe all my cars lasted so long because I always changed the oil probably before it was needed.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:32 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,472,596 times
Quote:

Nice - I have a black cat - best little guy - great disposition. Lucky kitties to find you.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:50 PM

1,645 posts, read 631,336 times
AZDesertBrat -- Congrats on your two new kitties! So glad to hear they have a great new home and someone to play with. It was nice of you to take two.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
That was my only real criteria for an apartment, to be able to have a cat. I couldn't have one at my old apartment and really missed having one. Congrats on getting yours.

As for the oil, I believe all my cars lasted so long because I always changed the oil probably before it was needed.

I've always had cats, which was one reason I bought my house instead of renting. One apt. place wanted a $400 deposit, PER CAT. I've really missed having them around and I've always had, at least, two. These little guys are so cute.

I've always changed my oil before it was due too. I don't do a lot of driving and that light comes on before it's really due. I'm driving more lately though and I should just go get it done.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Nice - I have a black cat - best little guy - great disposition. Lucky kitties to find you.

I don't think I've ever had totally black cats. My brother had one name Squeaky. One of mine 'squeaks' when they meow. Pretty funny. I had a lot of choices but liked these two the best.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
AZDesertBrat -- Congrats on your two new kitties! So glad to hear they have a great new home and someone to play with. It was nice of you to take two.

I've always had at least two cats. They can play and keep one another company. It was nice when I was working but I'm home all the time now so can enjoy them more.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:10 PM

758 posts, read 502,183 times
Quote:
Aw, that is sweet. Congrats on the new family members!

Old 08-19-2019, 10:50 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,472,596 times
I was going to mention that I did a search on cat colors and cat behavior and the article said that black cats get a bad rap but they are actually the best natured of all cats.

Right now mine has been staring at my dish washer for over an hour - he hasn't moved. Only one thing could get his attention this way ~~~ a mmmmmmmouse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement