U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 AM

18,852 posts, read 32,041,543 times

Advertisements

UGH!

Shoot me now.

It has finally happened to me...wanh

I got a SENIOR discount, without asking!!!!

I was not wearing a housecoat, or frumpy shoes, no shampoo set hair...but, there you go...got into the movie, senior discount....

Where is the Botox? Maybe plastic surgery would help...

Old 08-20-2013, 06:41 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
UGH!

Shoot me now.

I was not wearing a housecoat, or frumpy shoes, no shampoo set hair...but, there you go...got into the movie, senior discount....

Yes, and it always happens to me on a day I'm feeling particularly young (30-ish) and chipper. We got our tab at a restaurant last week with the 10% senior discount without even being asked! Good grief!!! How is that possible?

Old 08-20-2013, 07:14 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
UGH!

Shoot me now.

Ha! Ha! Ha! My day will come~~~

Old 08-20-2013, 07:51 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Quote:
UGH!

Shoot me now.

Dang. You didn't even have the "Senior Uniform" on and still got the discount??? lolololol

Hasn't happened to me yet, but hubby gets offered discounts regularly!

I will say . . . the last time I went to the movie theatre, I asked for a Senior ticket. I nearly didn't but hey - a few bucks is a few bucks.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:03 AM

18,717 posts, read 27,131,671 times
LOL, I'm with, ani. A few bucks is a few bucks and getting a discount makes my day. I get a fair share of senior discounts, probably because I let my hair go grey, and probably also because I make a point of asking for 'em whenever I can. To me it's kinda fun.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It is a lofty goal (or would be for me!!!)
LOL, yes lofty and probably also approaching crazy. But fun to see how close I can get. I never would have guessed I'd get this far. This time last year I was in a fair amount of pain and tired. I liked my job but sitting for 8+ hours every day was taking a toll on my whole lower body. Not sure if that was why I was so tired or if it was just that working had gotten old. At any rate, I really didn't realize how bad it was for me to sit that much until I started doing the daily walks. It's not for everyone, but doing my circuit every day is definitely doing wonders for me. And the endorphin rush is a trip. I used to hear people talking about it back in the 70s when everyone was into running, but I always thought they were BSing. Never guessed how overpowering something as little as a few rushing endorphins could be.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:25 AM

Waiting for Roger the Handyman (that's what he calls himself) - I warned him I have a list - wait til he sees it

I am a believer in endorphins. I can tell the difference in how much better I feel when I am racing around here as opposed to sitting. I may be more physically exhausted but I am mentally more alive.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I am a believer in endorphins. I can tell the difference in how much better I feel when I am racing around here as opposed to sitting. I may be more physically exhausted but I am mentally more alive.
LOL, well I'm definitely a believer in endorphins now. They're such funny things, though. I didn't really feel them for the first few months. Then when they kicked in, they kicked in big time! I was downright giddy. Still am at times. Wish there was some way to bottle it or pass it around. It's the kind of thing you wish you could share.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Waiting for Roger the Handyman (that's what he calls himself) - I warned him I have a list - wait til he sees it
Hee hee just picturing Roger The Handyman. I'm seeing someone handsome, brawny, and intrigued by a few naughty "to do" items on my list....

Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Hee hee just picturing Roger The Handyman. I'm seeing someone handsome, brawny, and intrigued by a few naughty "to do" items on my list....
Not even close But, he is very good at everything (???????), DEPENDABLE (a rare thing) and priced reasonable (another rare thing). He arrived and instead of deflating he seems energized by the challenge. Most of his customers are retired ladies (some married but their husbands don't do this stuff) and it's easy to see he likes helping us. Plus, you'd never know it but he must be rolling in the dough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement