U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 10:22 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Not even close But, he is very good at everything (???????), DEPENDABLE (a rare thing) and priced reasonable (another rare thing). He arrived and instead of deflating he seems energized by the challenge. Most of his customers are retired ladies (some married but their husbands don't do this stuff) and it's easy to see he likes helping us. Plus, you'd never know it but he must be rolling in the dough.
Is he retired and cute?

Old 08-20-2013, 10:58 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Is he retired and cute?
Let's just say he drank too many cases of beer and needs a good dentist. Nice guy though and yes, he's retired but not retired.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Let's just say he drank too many cases of beer and needs a good dentist. Nice guy though and yes, he's retired but not retired.
If he's reasonable send me his rate and give him my address.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:12 PM

Today does not bode well for my aging process. I just drove home with the emergency brake on .

Just now when I went to charge my laptop I was trying to fit the cord into the homeline telephone, which is on the floor next to me.

Not good.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Today does not bode well for my aging process. I just drove home with the emergency brake on .

Just now when I went to charge my laptop I was trying to fit the cord into the homeline telephone, which is on the floor next to me.

Not good.
Sure glad I've never done anything like that I find I do dumb stuff when I'm tired.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Quote:

Not good.
Oh no. I hope you didn't drive a long distance with your brake on . . .

Yes - I agree with Umbria - when I am tired, I have my lapses. Maybe you are just tired and so not your usual self.

We have all done really lame things . . . I am still missing a pair of earrings that I swear I put on my nightstand one evening and a pair of glasses (prescription). Cannot figure out what I might have done with either of those items. I will probably open up a drawer some day or dig down in a box and find my glasses. And the earrings? No telling. Probably long ago vacuumed up and disposed of!!!!

Old 08-20-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Not good.
In addition, my body led me around the lake in a counterclockwise direction early this evening. I think I need a brain scan.

Umbria, watch where you leave your wet paintbrush.

ani, I have a collection of single earrings that I'm thinking of incorporating into a contemporary-style collage. I keep thinking the mates will turn up somewhere in my car, under the deck, in an old pocketbook, etc. so I don't want to ditch them. Same with single socks. I can attach them across the canvas, floating through clouds. Title would be "In search of a mate"

Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
If he's reasonable send me his rate and give him my address.
He is so reasonable - I ended up paying him more than he requested, if you can imagine that. He goes above & beyond - I have had so many losers here expecting PHD wages for incompetent work.
We had a root beer break and when I asked him why he works so much he said that his clients are not just clients, they're his friends and he just can't say no.

I mentioned that if he or anyone else that had his work ethic wanted to work full time - there's plenty of work in NC - I relayed Ani's story. I had nothing but bad experiences when I worked in CO.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:48 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Quote:
In addition, my body led me around the lake in a counterclockwise direction early this evening. I think I need a brain scan.

Umbria, watch where you leave your wet paintbrush.

ani, I have a collection of single earrings that I'm thinking of incorporating into a contemporary-style collage. I keep thinking the mates will turn up somewhere in my car, under the deck, in an old pocketbook, etc. so I don't want to ditch them. Same with single socks. I can attach them across the canvas, floating through clouds. Title would be "In search of a mate"
ROFL! In search of a mate!!! lolololol

Love that!!!

Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 AM

18,717 posts, read 27,131,671 times
Quote:

Fun idea. Of course, Murphy's Law could kick in and the moment you glue that earring permanently into place will be the same moment you find it's mate.

(OTOH, you could then use the long lost mate to make a second piece... and then you'd have an exhibit. Hmmmm.... could be an interesting idea.... just needs a catchy title. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement