U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 04:30 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times

Advertisements

It is September 1st! I didn't have a summer! I really didn't! I feel like it should be July. :-(

I hope everyone is enjoying this Labor Day Weekend!

Old 09-01-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Sign me up for these too.....the hee hee one is my fav ......nice teeth on that one

Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It is September 1st! I didn't have a summer! I really didn't! I feel like it should be July. :-(

I hope everyone is enjoying this Labor Day Weekend!
I for one am excited for fall to arrive, the greatest time in New England. I've found a beautiful brand new senior center (finally!) with free exercise and art classes (not mold ceramics, lol), the brand new library (yes, despite my irritation at the waste of resources due to not combining town efforts, I am a donor), a small museum I didn't know existed (to possibly have an exhibit), my class starts up again, the students return to town, the independent movie theaters and concerts ramp up, and life returns to normal. I cannot travel in the heat so that wasn't an option for me June–Aug.

Maybe now that the cooler weather is here you can do some things you missed over summer. You were probably tied up with renovations so it will be good to have that done! Summer is my least favorite season and I'm not sad to see it go.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:08 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I'm sticking with how I use them.
Your use really isn't that much different. I use the for more of a fun sarcasm or naughty - not snarky. I was a bit surprised at the different interpretations of these. The only one where I am being a bit snarky or "what the he++" is or maybe , which I rarely use.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:27 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Default Shocked~~~

I can not believe it's Sept (this is me being shocked)

I want to put the breaks on - it rained here for many weeks also and we got a late start with the usual outdoor stuff and then right into high 90s so I have been waiting for the usual summer to arrive -guess I'll have a long wait.

This is me with panic setting in - or this - so much to do, so little time.

I really haven't wasted any time this summer (this is the "I just told a little fib").

Old 09-01-2013, 05:45 PM

129 posts, read 203,559 times
September has come around so quickly! I feel like we just got here and now it's time to go again. We had a cold spring, a heat wave, more cooler weather and are ending with rain every day of the holiday weekend. It is warm though. Leaves are starting to fall already and my flowers are looking like they have seen better days.

We are leaving for FL in two weeks, DH's work is heating up and he needs to be down in the area, so we're leaving early. The other grandparents are going back to their home in England, so it is be my turn (and pleasure) to watch the grandkids a few days a week when we get there. I'm sure the other grands are sad at leaving the kids, but secretly glad to be getting a break from them too: bittersweet.

We had a FaceTime with the kids/grandkids on Saturday. The four year old had found a red Sharpie pen and decorated her face, good thing there's two more days before going back to pre-school. The 14 month old? He is in a state of perpetual motion and put his Mommy's toothbrush in the toilet while she was cleaning up in there. I'm resting and trying to save all the energy up that I can. Oh my!! <--- this will be me. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 AM

18,717 posts, read 27,131,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It's not funny...but it's "funny" (LOL) how your mom did that.
It must have made more than one person wonder what she thought of them
LOL LOL, oh that's a perfect example. In fact, you just reminded me of a classic card my daughter got once. She was in 9th grade and had just published her first story and sent a clipping to Grandma. Grandma sent back a note saying: Cindy, your article was "funny".

We were never sure what that meant....

Fortunately, when a family member has an odd habit like that you learn to laugh--and to remember that we all love grandma, no matter how weird her cards are. Which is not such a bad life lesson to learn, come to think of it.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post

I really haven't wasted any time this summer (this is the "I just told a little fib").

LOL LOL, now that was funny! You get an A+ for best post of the morning. OK, now I want to try one....

Now that I'm getting back into shape, I never eat pancakes anymore.

Oh look, it's raining outside.

Wonder if I should go on my circuit if it's raining cats and dogs?

Wonder where they came up with the idea of raining cats and dogs?

Wonder if I should stop wondering and instead make pancakes!

My daughter says if I dance in the kitchen while making pancakes I'll still get in shape because dancing makes you burn off all the calories.

My husband's response to that was

And even my grand daughter had a comment to make:

But I'm always happy for any excuse to start dancing anyway and boogied over to the pantry.

Oh no... I just found out I have no pancake mix.

How can I face the day without pancakes?

My granddaughter says if I loan her the car keys she will drive to the store for more pancake mix.

She's six.

Fortunately I found some pumpkin bread mix! , and the box says you can make pancakes with it.

And my daughter said "Mom you play on the internet and I'll make the pancakes."

Welcome to September, everyone. Sorry to see the summer go but it's time for pancakes!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
LOL LOL, now that was funny! You get an A+ for best post of the morning. OK, now I want to try one....

Now that I'm getting back into shape, I never eat pancakes anymore.

Oh look, it's raining outside.

Wonder if I should go on my circuit if it's raining cats and dogs?

Wonder where they came up with the idea of raining cats and dogs?

Wonder if I should stop wondering and instead make pancakes!

My daughter says if I dance in the kitchen while making pancakes I'll still get in shape because dancing makes you burn off all the calories.

My husband's response to that was

And even my grand daughter had a comment to make:

But I'm always happy for any excuse to start dancing anyway and boogied over to the pantry.

Oh no... I just found out I have no pancake mix.

How can I face the day without pancakes?

My granddaughter says if I loan her the car keys she will drive to the store for more pancake mix.

She's six.

Fortunately I found some pumpkin bread mix! , and the box says you can make pancakes with it.

And my daughter said "Mom you play on the internet and I'll make the pancakes."

Welcome to September, everyone. Sorry to see the summer go but it's time for pancakes!

I can't stop laughing!

Enjoyed your story very much, Caladium! And I hope you enjoyed your pancakes!

Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I can't stop laughing!

Enjoyed your story very much, Caladium! And I hope you enjoyed your pancakes!
They were good! We have figs-a-mundo right now, since all our trees are loaded and we're trying to pick what we can before the birds and deer get to 'em. So she cut up a whole bowl of figs and put them in the pancakes. Would never have thought of pumpkin and fig as a combo, but they were really good. I'll have to try that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement