U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 06:27 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,615,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
My favorite and much used non-electric kitchen tool is a hand chopper by Zyliss I first bought one, years ago, at a Pampered Chef party.
It's since been replaced by better(?? )models but I use it almost daily and will continue to do so until my hand can't tolerate the slamming any longer.
No worries about the power going out or a blender or food processor being out of commission.
For only the two of us most of the time, this thing requires a lot less cleanup and is just as fast.
I have been invited to a Pampered Chef party in January -- so it is very timely (for me) that you mentioned this.

Is this the type of thing you have?

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 07:50 PM

3,423 posts, read 5,207,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Happy Holidays to all the geezer chatters
Eh? What did you say? Speak up and stop mumbling.

Oh wait, go put your teeth in and I'll put my hearing aids in so we can communicate.

Oh, Happy Holidays, well thank you and same to you deary and to all the other geezers who add a little sparkle to my days here at C-D.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:59 PM

18,852 posts, read 32,030,752 times
Downsizing and simplifying. That is how the holidays are now for me. I used to go all out, decorating...now, a red tablecloth and white candle is plenty. Used to make numerous dishes, cook and plan for days. Now, everyone brings a dish. I am making a simple roast.

It feels so good. Relax. Enjoy the holidays.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:31 AM

20,120 posts, read 20,237,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have been invited to a Pampered Chef party in January -- so it is very timely (for me) that you mentioned this.

Is this the type of thing you have?

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

It is like that, yes. Whether or not the manufacturer matters or if PC is still using Zyliss,, I don't know but even with the beating (pun intended) that it takes, I've had one at each house for years.
For small amounts, it's so much easier to clean than a processor and much better for controlling how fine or not you want something.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:11 AM

16,594 posts, read 10,541,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Downsizing and simplifying. That is how the holidays are now for me. I used to go all out, decorating...now, a red tablecloth and white candle is plenty. Used to make numerous dishes, cook and plan for days. Now, everyone brings a dish. I am making a simple roast.

It feels so good. Relax. Enjoy the holidays.
yup- a walk in the woods later (driving permitting). That's where I celebrate the season.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:06 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
Jasper, I hope you are (and all of us) at a manageable stress level, try to enjoy as best you can.

Enjoy your day all

Old 12-25-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It is like that, yes. Whether or not the manufacturer matters or if PC is still using Zyliss,, I don't know but even with the beating (pun intended) that it takes, I've had one at each house for years.
For small amounts, it's so much easier to clean than a processor and much better for controlling how fine or not you want something.
Excellent!

This will suit me very well.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:05 AM

Merry Christmas to you all . . . sun is out here . . . cold (15 d. F) but crisp and clear.

We have kept it simple this year, as well. Hubby had a difficult day yesterday and we were not able to attend the Candlelight Service last night, so we watched the Vatican mass on PBS . . .

I regret not having a tree this year. We have tree farms all around us! But I have kept a small "fake" one here to use at the last minute when we would fly in on Christmas Eve and quickly assemble a tree on the spot . . . I couldn't reach the tree in storage this year, much less all the ornaments, garland, wreaths, etc. I have a ladder but I didn't feel confident climbing up on it and dealing with a box with that much weight -- my shoulder isn't in good shape and I could just see myself in the ER after a fall!!!

My son put some lights up on our deck so we were greeted with lights when we arrived . . . which was quite festive.

I had intended to put outdoor lights on a Charlie Brown sort of white pine tree I had saved when I was cutting the saplings over the past two summers . . . but after 2 days of rain and then cold weather/wind . . . I didn't tackle that task. However, I hope that today, my son will help me with that so we can enjoy the outdoor lighted tree for a while.

I did get a wreath up - I had bought one last year and stored it in the laundry room (by accident, lol).

Planning on a simple but nice meal this evening . . . enjoying Christmas music and if hubby feels like it, maybe a drive around the area to look at lights and decorations this evening.

Hope you all are enjoying whatever celebration brings you joy today!

Old 12-25-2013, 09:48 AM

6,182 posts, read 9,240,764 times
Merry Christmas to all and may you all enjoy the day. It's a balmy 70 degrees here and doesn't feel like Christmas at all. So, wherever you are, be thankful if you have snow and cold weather. I wish I had some !

Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,470,065 times
Last night was a perfect Christmas Eve - it started lightly snowing so everything was a fluffy white. Perfect

We have had Christmases with no snow - very strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement