U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 05:21 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Does it surprise you that she regularly flies cross country and is a member of AFTRA?
Nothing would surprise me!

Old 12-29-2013, 05:24 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
OK guys, time to admit I'm pulling your leg. Here's the international version. Let's get full of fun in 2014. (Anything to forget age!)

Evian Roller Babies international version - YouTube

P.S. I like to think I look a lot better than that old dame, but maybe not.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:29 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
OK guys, time to admit I'm pulling your leg. Here's the international version. Let's get full of fun in 2014. (Anything to forget age!)

I wondered ~ didn't you mention you had reddish hair?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:24 PM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:

Well, what are you going to do next? We already know you are just an immature fun-loving KID.
A lot of us have that "kid" inside us but it often gets squished down. Good for you for letting the KID shine though!

Old 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
LOL no fair ne_girl! We know you're hotter than that!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I wondered ~ didn't you mention you had reddish hair?
Yes, that's why I thought you'd believe me. The ad was just what I needed to lighten up. That said, this is my final day as 64.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:59 AM

NEG - wear that big 65 like a RED BADGE OF COURAGE. You have earned it!!!! (((hugs)))

Old 12-30-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
NEG - wear that big 65 like a RED BADGE OF COURAGE. You have earned it!!!! (((hugs)))
Thank you! The good hearts of people are what makes a difference. I confess to still feeling some trepidation over the landmark (24 hours to go), but the people in my real-time life and those here on CD who have stuck together over time to discuss, digress, argue, banter, place on ignore and then take back off, and return to almost daily have all made my life richer. I wish we could all meet up at a bar tomorrow night and ring in the New Year together. I bet for all our intriguing differences we would all get along famously, raising our mugs while we sing auld lang syne. What a life we're blessed with, for better or worse at least we're here. Let's hope for "better and best" for 2014, for everyone!

BBC Symphony, Chorus & Singers - Auld Lang Syne - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhiF-PD4E_c

Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Thank you! The good hearts of people are what makes a difference. I confess to still feeling some trepidation over the landmark (24 hours to go), but the people in my real-time life and those here on CD who have stuck together over time to discuss, digress, argue, banter, place on ignore and then take back off, and return to almost daily have all made my life richer. I wish we could all meet up at a bar tomorrow night and ring in the New Year together. I bet for all our intriguing differences we would all get along famously, raising our mugs while we sing auld lang syne. What a life we're blessed with, for better or worse at least we're here. Let's hope for "better and best" for 2014, for everyone!

I feel the same way, NEG! I wish we could all meet up, too. We have done that several times on the Charlotte forum (my home forum). It has been several years, though. However, I made some wonderful friends through those meet ups. It is terrific putting names with faces and then getting hooked up in real life. It really expanded my world after moving back to NC and re-learning my way around a city/county that had changed so much.

I don't have an homogenous group of friends. Never have. I celebrate eccentricities and enjoy hearing other points of view and observations on life that are different than mine. I think the Retirement Forum folks would make for a heckuva good cocktail party, lol.

Do not do the count down with trepidation, my friend. It really is just another day, milestone or not . . . and if it helps any at all . . . I have had many friends tell me over the years that no birthday ever "hit them" the way # 65 did.

I remember my best friend's 65th birthday. She was worried about accepting that she was "really 65" and didn't want to look/seem/feel "over the hill." She was anything BUT over the hill! I think it was her wit, her good humor and her graciousness that made her "ageless." And, of course, her warm, beautiful smile.

So. . . just keep smilin'

Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:

Ha! You better enjoy today - countdown - the old fart wagon will be at your house at 12:01. It's been nice knowing you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement