U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Reputation: 16359

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
BJW happy birthday.

I'll take each day that whoever's in charge will give me, and be thankful.

10F today.
It's currently -4F with a high of 0F - what happened????????????????? Took my Rubymobile (yes, I name my cars) for a drive and it shivered all the way. It's now back in it's cozy garage.

HBD (early) BJW

 
Old 12-31-2013, 10:31 AM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Reputation: 7530
Umbria, you folks have been getting hammered with an arctic mass, it's going to drop Thursday and Friday here, oh the joy!

LOL his rig is The Dorky Farm Truck, it's a regular cab long bed. Mine is the sexy black beeotch, it's a black extra cab Z71 (both are GMC trucks, '04 and '05) and the Benz is named the Bismarck.
 
Old 12-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Status: "Support the Mining Law of 1872" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,668 posts, read 11,127,014 times
Reputation: 19463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
It's currently -4F with a high of 0F - what happened????????????????? Took my Rubymobile (yes, I name my cars) for a drive and it shivered all the way. It's now back in it's cozy garage.

HBD (early) BJW
The temperature is 45 here which is the predicted high. We're looking for snow (maybe) tomorrow with a high of 35. The only snow I can see on the ground is on a peak about five miles away that's over 10,000'. But they all say we have the worst weather.
 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Near a river
16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Reputation: 15656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
Speaking of birthdays, I'll be 64 on Wed.
Hey 64! Happy birthday and many happy returns! I posted this today in Chat:

When I'm Sixty Four original (In the key of C major) - YouTube
 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:34 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Reputation: 7530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The temperature is 45 here which is the predicted high. We're looking for snow (maybe) tomorrow with a high of 35. The only snow I can see on the ground is on a peak about five miles away that's over 10,000'. But they all say we have the worst weather.
Holy cow, it's that WARM there????????
 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:38 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Reputation: 22439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Holy cow, it's that WARM there????????
It is not that cold here, either (teens this evening) but I broke out the thermal undies this morning! The wind made it uncomfortable whilst taking the doggie for a walk . . . and I thought to myself - how dumb - just get the long johns and be done with it.

So today I am in thermal undies for the first time this season.

Feels GOOD!
 
Old 12-31-2013, 03:43 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Reputation: 7530
Ya, ani, I knew the cold was coming so I switched to flannel lined jeans. I have one of those Carhartt onesies that I can jump into, with a lined hoodie and an extra knit hat I'm good for five to ten above.

I have another onesie that has a thicker lining but I try not to break it out, it would be admitting defeat.
 
Old 12-31-2013, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Reputation: 16359
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Ya, ani, I knew the cold was coming so I switched to flannel lined jeans. I have one of those Carhartt onesies that I can jump into, with a lined hoodie and an extra knit hat I'm good for five to ten above.

I have another onesie that has a thicker lining but I try not to break it out, it would be admitting defeat.
I want some of these. I wear thick tights under whatever I'm wearing - usually jeans - with several pairs of socks. Then sweat pants over all that (when I'm home). Getting dressed and undressed is a major event.
 
Old 12-31-2013, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Near a river
16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Reputation: 15656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I want some of these. I wear thick tights under whatever I'm wearing - usually jeans - with several pairs of socks. Then sweat pants over all that (when I'm home). Getting dressed and undressed is a major event.
Get Cuddleduds! My favorite winter item. They are thin silky long underwear - not bulky and feel wonderful, easy to wash and hang up to dry. Can also do yoga etc in them.
 
Old 12-31-2013, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Floyd Co, VA
3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times
Reputation: 7276
I have a number of sets of insulated bib overalls from Berne in lots of nice colors and they have several colors on sale right now for far less (45 vs 110) than equivalent from Carthartt:

Ladies Washed Insulated Bib Overall

They keep me toasty warm when it's cold and windy and I have to be outdoors for extended periods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top