U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 06:04 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,467,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Get Cuddleduds! My favorite winter item. They are thin silky long underwear - not bulky and feel wonderful, easy to wash and hang up to dry. Can also do yoga etc in them.
I've seen these advertised - will check into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 06:01 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,420,386 times
Umb, the onesies are so convenient, grab some when they go on sale. They are great, jump in the suit, throw on your boots and gloves and you're good to go.

DH's hip is hurting really badly so I volunteered to bring the horses in, go back at six to feed them dinner, then go up forty five minutes later for dessert and put them to bed. I jump into my suit, step into my LLBean boots-the gumshoe kind, throw on my gloves and I'm good.

Dh, OTOH, has to put on lace up boots which kills his hip and is a major undertaking, get his jacket, hat and gloves on and hobble up there to do the same thing. I can be out the door in a minute.

I got my lined jeans at Tractor supply at the end of the season. L.L. Bean makes fleece lined jeans, my Mom springs for a pair for DH every Christmas. He swears they are warmer than his Carhartt polar overalls.

Last edited by CCc girl; 01-01-2014 at 07:30 AM..

Old 01-01-2014, 07:25 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,158,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I've seen these advertised - will check into them.
Cuddleduds are good for around the house and out for an hour's walk. If you're going to be out much longer, Duofold or some higher end longjohns are called for. If I'm going to a place where people I know may see me I don't want the extra bulk under my clothes, takes away from my svelte figure.

(LOL)

Old 01-01-2014, 07:32 AM

Whew! Burned up the garbage, put a few buckets of water in the trough, let the horses out; I'm sweating! It's about 14F out.

Gotta get things done before the coming storm, I am hoping it stays south down Albany way.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Old 01-01-2014, 08:32 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,603,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Whew! Burned up the garbage, put a few buckets of water in the trough, let the horses out; I'm sweating! It's about 14F out.

Gotta get things done before the coming storm, I am hoping it stays south down Albany way.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Yes, I hope the storm doesn't hit you hard. Stay warm and safe!

And -- Happy New Year!!!

Old 01-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Not so worried about the snow but the forecast low of -19F is pissing DH off

Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM

I gotta ask a question, in confidence, of course <giggle>

Do you think that sometimes people show up and start posting on this forum just to get people upset? As in . . . they are folks who have some kind of free floating anger -- maybe to seniors??? -- and they just want to find ways to insult others and cause contention.

I guess . . . because they simply like to fight and maybe they don't have anyone at home to fight with? Or they are really really polite in public and so find it a big release to get online behind an anonymous name and be ugly.

I do wonder sometimes.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I gotta ask a question, in confidence, of course <giggle>

Do you think that sometimes people show up and start posting on this forum just to get people upset? As in . . . they are folks who have some kind of free floating anger -- maybe to seniors??? -- and they just want to find ways to insult others and cause contention.

I guess . . . because they simply like to fight and maybe they don't have anyone at home to fight with? Or they are really really polite in public and so find it a big release to get online behind an anonymous name and be ugly.

I do wonder sometimes.
Can you give us some examples? I have no idea what you're talking about!

Old 01-01-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Can you give us some examples? I have no idea what you're talking about!
If you haven't noticed this kind of behavior on posts in the last few days by a new person, then maybe I am reading too much into it.

Or maybe you just haven't read those posts, lol.

Several of us have been targeted with put downs and condescending language . . . from someone who seems perhaps in a manic phase (or maybe it is just a kid acting out).

Old 01-01-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
If you haven't noticed this kind of behavior on posts in the last few days by a new person, then maybe I am reading too much into it.

Or maybe you just haven't read those posts, lol.
I'm just plain out of it I guess. I hardly remember how to log on much less remember certain posts. Which thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement