Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times

Advertisements

I'd never heard of the Brown Bread, it sounds yummy! Thinking of ordering a case - but at the high price and sugar content per slice, it'll have to be a sometime treat.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:50 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I'd never heard of the Brown Bread, it sounds yummy! Thinking of ordering a case - but at the high price and sugar content per slice, it'll have to be a sometime treat.
True - an occasional treat.

The other reason I liked having them in my pantry is that the cans make a nice little hostess gift, or something to take by a friend's house who is recovering from surgery. I have used them as birthday gifts -- added some coffee and/or tea, some candy/truffles -- put in a basket . . . they are just nice to have on hand.

I am so glad ZUGOR mentioned Brown Bread -- I am looking forward to having it in my life again, lol!!!!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 AM

5,328 posts, read 6,016,928 times
I need to purchase, preferably online, a super warm hat for my NH son's birthday. Suggestions welcome. thx

Old 01-02-2014, 11:11 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,375,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I need to purchase, preferably online, a super warm hat for my NH son's birthday. Suggestions welcome. thx
Might a balaclava work? I have a couple of them that are polar fleece and like the fact that you can push the top down and keep your neck warm.

here's a link to one source:

men's balaclavas at REI-OUTLET - FREE SHIPPING With no minimum purchase.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:28 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Might a balaclava work? I have a couple of them that are polar fleece and like the fact that you can push the top down and keep your neck warm.

here's a link to one source:

men's balaclavas at REI-OUTLET - FREE SHIPPING With no minimum purchase.
I have a cream colored one - use kit for shoveling & dog walks.

Lenora = THis would be good. Does NH get that cold? Most men wear stocking caps and if they are wearing suits they wear some kind of wool cap that doesn't even cover their ears. Must look good - ya know.

I usually wear a hoodie under my jacket and use that hood and if it's really cold I use the hood of the ski jacket. We're tough as nails here, don't ya know.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:52 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
The 'girls' at physical therapy today were exclaiming how amazed they are at how well I'm doing and told me I can get out of the big black boot so back to both of a pair of sandals!
(Honestly....I am NOT rubbing it in, talking about wearing sandals while you're discussing mittens and ear muffs...it wouldn't ever occur to me...really!

What did occur to me when reading the latest thread about the best and worst of 2013,that all but invites a mention of health issues for those that had any, is the thread luvmyhoss started a while ago about old people that seem to only talk about their medical issues.
Posting about a health issue in the Best & Worst thread made me feel so guilty

Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The 'girls' at physical therapy today were exclaiming how amazed they are at how well I'm doing and told me I can get out of the big black boot so back to both of a pair of sandals!
(Honestly....I am NOT rubbing it in, talking about wearing sandals while you're discussing mittens and ear muffs...it wouldn't ever occur to me...really!

What did occur to me when reading the latest thread about the best and worst of 2013,that all but invites a mention of health issues for those that had any, is the thread luvmyhoss started a while ago about old people that seem to only talk about their medical issues.
Posting about a health issue in the Best & Worst thread made me feel so guilty
Yeah yeah yeah~~~Our high is 0F with a low of -8F. This coming Mon. our high will be -13F Enjoy those sandals

Old 01-02-2014, 12:37 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Amazon.com: Outdoor Research Frostline Hat: Sports & Outdoors

Carhartt Fleece 2-N-1 Headwear - A202

I got the last one for my kid. I didn't want any dangling cords or ties, etc, as he works in construction.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
I'm enjoying a taste treat that I haven't had in over 40 years - Brown Bread - the kind that comes in a can. Certainly can't find it on the grocery store shelves in this area but hey you can find most anything on the internet.

I ordered a case of 12 and will share with my southern friends who've never had it or even heard of it.
Oh yum! My grandma used to make that (always with raisins!), steamed in coffee cans.
I've sent her recipe to my niece who never had the chance to taste Gma B's.
Niece says it is now back as a family tradition

Old 01-02-2014, 03:15 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
lenora, DH swears his Carhartt hat is the warmest one he owns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement