U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 10:28 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,627,864 times

Advertisements

My spiritual beliefs are just too big to be captured by one dogma. I make no judgments on anyone else's path.

God is Love, and our reason for being here is to love each other and this universe where we have been privileged to find ourselves manifested.

Do our best. Act out of love.

Everyday, a challenge. Everyday, a prayer of thanksgiving for another opportunity to get it right.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:30 AM

5,428 posts, read 6,643,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
So racist.
How so?

Old 02-03-2014, 11:40 AM

8,092 posts, read 13,354,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Talking about Groundhog Day, did anyone see the movie by that name starring Bill Murray?
Love it.
I've seen it over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:27 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
LOL....NO spring.
Yep, every year it seems that winter starts getting milder then BAM, summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Love it.
I've seen it over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over.

LOL same here. We watched the making of it a few nights ago, it was really good. Catch it if you can.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:07 PM

9,667 posts, read 11,120,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
So racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
How so?
She thinks she'll make me feel bad.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Love it.
I've seen it over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over,
and over.

Hee hee. LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!

And so much that can be said about second (and third, and fourth . . .) chances.

It is always fun to speculate - what if we could do it over . . . how would we change our behaviors . . . what effect would that have on everything else . . .

Old 02-03-2014, 07:43 PM

22,607 posts, read 12,482,829 times
People that know me know that I am a well traveled person. So far, I've visited about 85 countries on six continents.

"Spiritual" places like India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tibet, Thailand, Israel, Egypt, and Rome I have been to many times. I've marveled at the masterpieces of the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel, walked the Via Dolorosa and saw the Stations of the Cross in Jerusalem, and said a prayer at the Western Wall in that same city. I've been to Bethlehem and Hebron. I meditated in Bodh Gaya in India where Siddhartha Gautama became the Supremely Enlightened One. I've seen the sun rise over the Golden Temple of the Sikhs in Amritsar in the Punjab. I celebrated Divali in the Lakshmi Temple in Delhi.

They are all wonderful to me and yet I too embrace my intuitive skepticism as well.

I love people from all over the world and have never visited a place I didn't like.

This is who I am.

When I was a little kid I set out to have an interesting life ... a life full of adventure. Unlike my older brothers I couldn't sit in front of the TV and watch professional sports events for hours on end. When I was in high school and college I saw too many classmates getting drunk or stoned or hanging out at the beach or the mall (I'm a Baby-Boomer). When I got my first car I was driving all over the place ... always exploring ... always looking to make new discoveries.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
People that know me know that I am a well traveled person. So far, I've visited about 85 countries on six continents.

"Spiritual" places like India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tibet, Thailand, Israel, Egypt, and Rome I have been to many times. I've marveled at the masterpieces of the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel, walked the Via Dolorosa and saw the Stations of the Cross in Jerusalem, and said a prayer at the Western Wall in that same city. I've been to Bethlehem and Hebron. I meditated in Bodh Gaya in India where Siddhartha Gautama became the Supremely Enlightened One. I've seen the sun rise over the Golden Temple of the Sikhs in Amritsar in the Punjab. I celebrated Divali in the Lakshmi Temple in Delhi.

They are all wonderful to me and yet I too embrace my intuitive skepticism as well.

I love people from all over the world and have never visited a place I didn't like.

This is who I am.

When I was a little kid I set out to have an interesting life ... a life full of adventure. Unlike my older brothers I couldn't sit in front of the TV and watch professional sports events for hours on end. When I was in high school and college I saw too many classmates getting drunk or stoned or hanging out at the beach or the mall (I'm a Baby-Boomer). When I got my first car I was driving all over the place ... always exploring ... always looking to make new discoveries.
I have so wanted to visit Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Tibet and Thailand. What life affirming experiences you have had!!!

I have been fortunate to visit most of the areas of the world that were at the very top of my "must do" list. Maybe someday I will get to take that trip to Tibet. Hubby has not cared about visiting that part of the world, so we didn't go. But my son's fiancee took off to India several years ago with a group and she has yearned to go back ever since. :-)

You have a wonderful attitude. People respond to it, I am sure. When I travel, a smile and an attempt at respectfully speaking the language (even if I don't do the greatest job!) seems to create good will. I think folks just know when you are happy to be amongst them.

Namaste, Clark!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:22 AM

2,907 posts, read 4,629,218 times
Quote:
Just checking in with a weather report from Philly: it was a balmy 54 F today.

Hope the frigid temperatures (teens and single digits) of last week do not return!

Someone on Facebook last week sent me this message: "Antartica called: they want their weather back!"
...and Antarctica can have their weather back! I, too, live in the Mid-Atlantic area, and these storms every few days are getting old! Harrumph!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:56 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,795,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hee hee. LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!

And so much that can be said about second (and third, and fourth . . .) chances.

It is always fun to speculate - what if we could do it over . . . how would we change our behaviors . . . what effect would that have on everything else . . .

to quote a verse from a C/W song.........." I don't want my life to live over, I'd find a new way to make the same mistakes "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement