U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:15 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
Reputation: 7530

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Unfortunately I have developed a Gluten allergy so my beer drinking is more half a bottle and think about the old days. My neighbors laugh at me as many are real time Carolina Bud Lite fans.
Tiborg, there are gluten free beers out there...how did you know you developed this allergy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escort Rider View Post
Maybe I should request a change of user name from the senior moderators? I've been called a "real jerk" in a thread in this Retirement Forum. I've had, so far, five rep comments for my posts in that thread. I think I'll wear my new nickname with pride.
Oh, no, Escort, you've been here waaay longer than me and I've scored a few of those, I shall have to find your post and do some evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I have a Smoke Barbq cook book put out by I think Weber. If you like to grill cooking with smoke is awesome and depending on the wood you can add some nice flavor.
But I will have to shovel out a spot for the grill, I would rather be moving south!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:24 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
Reputation: 7530
Evil deed on your thread is done, Escort, long may you rave!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:35 PM
 
30,034 posts, read 35,217,378 times
Reputation: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Tiborg, there are gluten free beers out there...how did you know you developed this allergy?



Oh, no, Escort, you've been here waaay longer than me and I've scored a few of those, I shall have to find your post and do some evil



But I will have to shovel out a spot for the grill, I would rather be moving south!
I have tried Gluten free beers some tasting better than others but still not enough to make it worthwhile. I found out after reading the symptoms and going without and watching the symptoms go. When I eat bread etc a couple of times they come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:36 PM
 
30,034 posts, read 35,217,378 times
Reputation: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Tiborg, there are gluten free beers out there...how did you know you developed this allergy?



Oh, no, Escort, you've been here waaay longer than me and I've scored a few of those, I shall have to find your post and do some evil



But I will have to shovel out a spot for the grill, I would rather be moving south!
Lots of choices for you to move to but I have a hunch a lot of folks are thing the same thinking the same thing.

Last edited by TuborgP; 02-20-2014 at 04:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 04:59 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
Reputation: 7530
Nah, we've been planning it since fall of 2012. DH will go kicking and screaming, but if it happens we will go. I followed his dream up here for 21 years and he says he owes me.

Escort, I just got repped for my post about you on the 'need encouragement' thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 05:28 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,615,515 times
Reputation: 22439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Nah, we've been planning it since fall of 2012. DH will go kicking and screaming, but if it happens we will go. I followed his dream up here for 21 years and he says he owes me.

Escort, I just got repped for my post about you on the 'need encouragement' thread!
I am sure to many that thread just looks like someone bragging. Honestly, most people who haven't retired are doing good to bring in $7K a month between the two of them. The average income where I live is way below $84K a year. The median income for the specific area where I live is still below that and I live in the wealthiest voting precinct in the county.

So . . . it seemed kind of counter intuitive for someone to be asking those kinds of questions, especially since he said he had lived in Charlotte -- and the stats are readily available for anyone who seriously wants to know about the COL here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 05:45 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
20,316 posts, read 19,292,057 times
Reputation: 34721
I saw that original post and didn't know whether the person was joking or not but I knew one thing for sure--that he *could* get by. It's hard sometimes to stay out of a thread like that, my lip is sore from biting it so much.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 05:54 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,615,515 times
Reputation: 22439
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I saw that original post and didn't know whether the person was joking or not but I knew one thing for sure--that he *could* get by. It's hard sometimes to stay out of a thread like that, my lip is sore from biting it so much.
It is hard, lol. At least, sometimes it is hard for me (even though it may not be for others).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 09:48 PM
Status: "Support the Mining Law of 1872" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,664 posts, read 11,118,048 times
Reputation: 19453
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Oh, yeah, give me my bible, gun and flag everyday. My BFF just got her concealed carry permit, no small feat in NY.
When I was 13 my parents and I visited the place where I live now. They encountered a woman my mother had known years before. We had lunch and chatted afterwards. My mother, sensing that I was bored to tears, suggested that I stroll down to a gun store we'd seen and look around. I did. I was looking at two European vest pocket pistols and the gent told me what he'd do for both. I said I'd do it if he'd throw in a hundred rounds. He agreed. I assumed he'd then tell me to bring one of my parents but he didn't. He just wrapped the guns in little paper bags and stuffed those into a bigger paper bag givng me an expectant look. I pulled out my money, paid him , and left. Walking out the door and down the street I was 100' tall. What a rite of passage.

My parents later told me that when I got back they could tell something wonderful had happened. Kids with guns are like cookies with milk.

I still have them.

I'm not really surprised that I ended up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,977 posts, read 7,470,065 times
Reputation: 16359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
When I was 13 my parents and I visited the place where I live now. They encountered a woman my mother had known years before. We had lunch and chatted afterwards. My mother, sensing that I was bored to tears, suggested that I stroll down to a gun store we'd seen and look around. I did. I was looking at two European vest pocket pistols and the gent told me what he'd do for both. I said I'd do it if he'd throw in a hundred rounds. He agreed. I assumed he'd then tell me to bring one of my parents but he didn't. He just wrapped the guns in little paper bags and stuffed those into a bigger paper bag givng me an expectant look. I pulled out my money, paid him , and left. Walking out the door and down the street I was 100' tall. What a rite of passage.

My parents later told me that when I got back they could tell something wonderful had happened. Kids with guns are like cookies with milk.

I still have them.

I'm not really surprised that I ended up here.
Yep - that's what we need - a bunch of kids with guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top