U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 03:06 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,164,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The analogy is valid in Chinese medicine. Sleep and let your body prepare
Just woke up from my 3:00 p.m. nap in time to miss tai chi. I couldn't go out the door if you paid me. The air heavy with the thought of snow, grey, freezing, and I'm back under the afghan where I belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
It is so hot and humid day in and day out for nearly 7 months in south Florida! No one moves fast from May through October! Ich!!! I want out of the endless heat. I've been down here 40+ years and looking forward to retiring to a place with 4 seasons. Weird, huh?
Your home state of Indiana had it bad this winter. Headed back there? Better keep your place in FL as a backup.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:15 PM

2,634 posts, read 5,005,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Your home state of Indiana had it bad this winter. Headed back there? Better keep your place in FL as a backup.
I know, Lafayette has had a horrible winter!! I cannot afford to keep my place down here, though.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:18 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
Popcorn, can you do a vacation, or are you hell bent on moving?

Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 PM

2,634 posts, read 5,005,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Popcorn, can you do a vacation, or are you hell bent on moving?
I am hell bent on moving! I am not happy living in a third world country I want to move back to the Midwest where roadtrip/train travelling will be so much easier. I want to leave the corrupt, Hispanic laden, pretentious, chaotic, hot, hurricaney, humid, fall-less and spring-less area down here. I've been here so long, I want a change. A new chapter in my life. I am tired of paying outrageous homeowners insurance, auto insurance....just way too expensive for me.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:34 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,470,065 times
I just got back from having a chemical peel (on my face). Now my skin is as soft as a baby's butt. A Plastic Surgeon group had a special on Groupon for 50-60% off - can't beat the price. I actually bought 2 so when I get back I will have another - then I will really be beautimous

The woman that did it looked like 25 or 30 and turned out to be 50. Her skin was unbelievable. Ladies - take care of your skin. Use sunblock everyday, even in the winter even though you may not be outside for long periods.

Just in time for my vaca~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and I bought a new bathing suit: and yes, I look just like this model

Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I just got back from having a chemical peel (on my face). Now my skin is as soft as a baby's butt. A Plastic Surgeon group had a special on Groupon for 50-60% off - can't beat the price. I actually bought 2 so when I get back I will have another - then I will really be beautimous

The woman that did it looked like 25 or 30 and turned out to be 50. Her skin was unbelievable. Ladies - take care of your skin. Use sunblock everyday, even in the winter even though you may not be outside for long periods.

Hey, you stole that picture of me off my Facebook page! I'm contacting my lawyer!

Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,470,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Hey, you stole that picture of me off my Facebook page! I'm contacting my lawyer!
But you're such a cutie

Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 PM

30,034 posts, read 35,217,378 times
Not sure how familiar folks are with this but it might help explain a lot about how you feel daily.

The Chinese “Body Clock” Pathways for Health

Quote:
The Body-Energy Clock is built upon the concept of the cyclical ebb and flow of energy throughout the body. During a 24-hour period (see diagram that follows) Qi moves in two-hour intervals through the organ systems. During sleep, Qi draws inward to restore the body. This phase is completed between 1 and 3 a.m., when the liver cleanses the blood and performs a myriad of functions that set the stage for Qi moving outward again.
Take a look at the chart and it might help explain why so many start getting thirsty around nine at night and may peak in thirst around 3 in the morning. Your body draws moisture in between 9-3 and that can create dehydration if not fully hydrated prior to etc etc etc.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:20 PM

30,034 posts, read 35,217,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post

Men to take care of their skin also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement