U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 02:44 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
If y'all can figure out a way to get some of that frozen water here, I'll figure out some way to get some of my @#$% heat there. I hate this - it's too @#$% early.

Attachment 127040
You are in the wrong place indeed, if you think 70s and 80s is hot, lol.
You must be used to it by now, anyway (?)

Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,357,744 times
You'd think I would be.

My entertainment today has been putting lots of ice cubes in the cat's water bowl and watching him attack them.

And he gets insulted when I laugh at him

Old 03-15-2014, 08:56 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times
Default Five horses and a goat

I woke up with a silent migraine, the type that doesn't cause any pain but does produce weird visual stuff but not even a migraine could result in the sight I saw out my bedroom window.

There were 4 horses and the goat in the back yard. Apparently a couple of the cattle panels that I have as part of my backyard fencing had come down and allowed them all access to the yard. It was quite a challenge to get them all herded back over the downed section of fencing and out to the pasture and I spent 20 minutes or so sort of chasing them, especially the darn goat before they moved in the right direction.

I called Tim, the owner of the horses and fortunately he was around and he and his son came over and helped get the posts driven back in the ground and the panels back up and resecured to the posts. I suppose it's time to get some real fencing across that 60 ft stretch, the cattle panels were never meant to be permanent. Once spring gets here I'll hire someone to do that. I'll need to buy a real gate too, one that is big enough to get the mower through so that I can at least mow some paths through the grass as it gets higher and higher since I am very reluctant to go walking through the tall stuff where I might encounter one of those slithery things that like to hide there.

The only good part is that I now have some fresh horse manure to drop in to the compost pile and let decompose. Got to get that done asap or the dogs will wolf down the yummy treats.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:24 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
LOL, Zug, we have had guests like that in the past. Our neighbors two drafts trotted up to the front door one morning, and when they didn't get an answer they trotted up the road to our barn. DH let them into the front corral and gave them some hay. John next door wandered up about an hour later. We did not offer him breakfast, he was too late

Old 03-15-2014, 06:40 PM

22,607 posts, read 12,484,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Cheer up folks..spring is just around the corner.
I'm in and out today repairing my purple martin house that got toppled in yesterday's high winds.
Flocks and flocks of Canadian geese are flying north.

Music to my ears !!
In this neck of the woods it was a gorgeous sunny spring day in the low 60's.

They say we will will have one last cold blast in the 30's on Monday and Tuesday, but it should feel like spring for the next 10 days after that.

I'm glad. I'm looking forward to packing away my sweaters and bringing out my short sleeve shirts.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:04 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

I'm glad. I'm looking forward to packing away my sweaters and bringing out my short sleeve shirts.
You haven't done that yet? I did it weeks ago and have been freezing my tail off ever since.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:49 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
If y'all can figure out a way to get some of that frozen water here, I'll figure out some way to get some of my @#$% heat there. I hate this - it's too @#$% early.

Attachment 127040
It's not too much warmer over there than it is here. For the rest of this week it'll be highs of 73 to 78 and lows of 39 to 43 here. I check the weather channel every morning when I get up and it's been averaging about 44-49 around 6 AM. Well, I did see one that was obviously a boo boo...it said the temp was 49 but 'felt' 35! That wasn't true so should I believe them about the rest??? lol I also check it online and it's usually pretty darn close. I hope we don't have a warmer than normal summer after a warmer than normal winter. That could get pretty awful and the fire season could be horrendous.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:55 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
You haven't done that yet? I did it weeks ago and have been freezing my tail off ever since.
That's what happens when we indulge in 'wishful thinking', huh? When I was in So. Dakota last week I wore long johns/cuddle duds every single day...except one. The 'high' was 24 and actually felt a tad 'balmy' after all the minus temps so I ditched the cuddle duds. DUH!!! lol Needless to say I hurried all day long from one place to another and, wouldn't you know, the wind decided to blow like crazy so big fat wind chill. That was certainly 'wishful thinking' on my part, I guess. lol I do have a really nice lined brushed leather coat and it was toasty but my legs about froze. First time I've worn that coat in years but keep hesitating to give it to Goodwill. Good thing I didn't!

Old 03-15-2014, 09:43 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,020,323 times
It was 61 degrees this afternoon and now it's snowing outside.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:51 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
It was 61 degrees this afternoon and now it's snowing outside.
OMG - keep it your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement